New Bedford, MA, USA, January 23, 2019– Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces the latest Corporate Citizen project: FOC Road to the Boston Marathon.
Zane Fitzgerald, Inside Sales for Fiber Optic Center, Inc. (FOC), has organized a fundraiser with a goal to raise $10,000 for the Herren Project through the Boston Marathon.
Herren Project is a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation established in 2011 by former NBA basketball player Chris Herren to help with recovery, support, inspiration & empowerment for those affected by substance use disorder. Support of the Herren Project directly supports 1) Treatment navigation and recovery, 2) Support Services and 3) Prevention and Outreach.
Having suffered the loss of multiple people from addiction, Zane draws on the strength from the memories of them to push through the vigorous training. This has been his personal goal to run the marathon and raise money for a cause that he is so passionate about.
FOC will provide an opportunity to follow updates on Zane’s journey and training on their FOC Road to the Boston Marathon campaign page (https://focenter.com/foc-road-to-the-boston-marathon/).
A list of the training plan and notes will be tracked there as well as blogs each month on his journey, updates on the fundraiser, Boston Marathon history and information on the Herren Project.
The Marathon is held on Patriots’ Day, the third Monday of April. It is the world’s oldest annual marathon (Begun in 1897) and ranks as one of the world’s best-known road racing events. Amateur and professional runners from all over the world compete in the Boston Marathon over the hilly terrain and varying weather in our home state.
For further information contact:
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Technical Discussion schedule, Reception and Product Demonstrations at OFC March 10-12, 2020, San Diego, CA - February 27, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Richard Mack as Market Analyst - February 10, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Technical Discussion schedule at SPIE Photonics West February 4-6, 2020, San Francisco, CA - February 4, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces latest Corporate Citizen project: FOC Road to the Boston Marathon - January 23, 2020
- The Latest Corporate Citizen at FOC makes FOC Proud - January 22, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc., announces Ben Waite as presenter at the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 10, 2019
- Network experts from Verizon and Microsoft join the world’s leading fiber companies for the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 1, 2019
- FOC announces presentation, paper and tutorials on latest industry products at International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) 2019 - September 29, 2019
- New FOC Website and Expanded Technical Resource Centers Launch at ECOC 2019 announced - September 23, 2019
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019