New Bedford, MA, USA, February 4, 2020– Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces Technical Discussion schedule at SPIE Photonics West February 4-6, 2020, San Francisco, CA
Fiber Optic Center Booth 3120 will host the following Technical Discussions with their leading experts over the three day event.
February 4, 11:00am: Material options and OKP Optical Plastic best practices. Presented by: Kelly Barker, Specialty Product Technical Expert
How the ÅngströmLink Resource Center can you help you in 2020 with the latest material options and OKP Optical Plastic best practice information, including:
- Latest trends of injection moldable optical plastic with a refractive indices of 1.61, 1.63 and 1.64
- OKP plastics molding process improvements
- New options for the 1.64 refractive index material with extremely low birefringence
February 4, 3:00pm: What is an SMA connector and why do we care? Presented by: Neal Weiss, Founder of Fiber Optic Center
- What is an SMA connector and why do we care? Points include:
- Who needs a fiber optic SMA today?
- What are the advantages of SMAs?
- Considerations for using non-standard fiber sizes
- FOC’s stock on the shelf of SMA connectors in over 40 holes sizes from 127 to 2645 um, volumes 10 to over 20,000
February 5, 11:00am: Laser vs Mechanical Cleaving MT/Single Fiber Roadshow. Presented by FOC Technical Team
- Laser vs Mechanical cleaving 101s
- Do low profile cleavers reduce lapping film?
- Is Laser cleaving suitable for every assembly operation?
February 5, 2:00pm: Standard Polishing Procedures. Presented by FOC Technical Team
- The Polishing Center will include materials, equipment, methods (Product specification requirements dictate the polishing methods) and discussions on environment including temperature and cleanliness factors that impact the polishing process
- Proper Care of Polishing Fixtures for Optical Fiber Polishing Machines
- This discussion will include proper maintenance of polishing fixtures, steps to clean and additional tips
February 6, 10:30am: Testing Thursday: 7 foundational questions to prepare you to order a PCT with the right test set configuration for your fiber optic product. Presented by FOC Technical Team
- Insertion Loss/Return Loss module, which contains light sources and a detector
- switch module, from 4 to 48 (or more) channels
- chassis to fit the above modules, either 3 or 8 slots
Attend a Discussion while at Photonics West by visiting Fiber Optic Center at Booth 3120 or email Kathleen for scheduling a different time with our technical staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact:
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464. Email: email@example.com
For media contact:
Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Richard Mack as Market Analyst - February 10, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Technical Discussion schedule at SPIE Photonics West February 4-6, 2020, San Francisco, CA - February 4, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces latest Corporate Citizen project: FOC Road to the Boston Marathon - January 23, 2020
- The Latest Corporate Citizen at FOC makes FOC Proud - January 22, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc., announces Ben Waite as presenter at the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 10, 2019
- Network experts from Verizon and Microsoft join the world’s leading fiber companies for the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 1, 2019
- FOC announces presentation, paper and tutorials on latest industry products at International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) 2019 - September 29, 2019
- New FOC Website and Expanded Technical Resource Centers Launch at ECOC 2019 announced - September 23, 2019
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019
- Cable Connector Market Share 2019 Overview by Type, Emerging Growth Factors, Sales Analysis, Future Scope, Leading Manufacturers and Forecast 2024 - August 29, 2019