New Bedford, MA, USA, January 9, 2017 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces the promotion of Mr. Michael Thorpe to Manager of Customer Service Department.
Mr. Thorpe will have the primary responsibility for all customer service orders and processes with a team of four Customer Service Representatives reporting to him.
“Mike has been a key part of our success, and we were thrilled to promote him to this important position,” said Ben Waite, President and CEO of Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Michael Thorpe joined FOC in 2010 as a Customer Service Representative and quickly rose to a key leader within the department. Previously with Optical Cable Corporation, in the OEM group, Michael worked in sales for bulk fiber optic cable to assembly houses and customer service. During his employment at OCC, SMP was acquired (Now OCC North Carolina) where he was trained additionally on the connectivity side creating the perfect experience for FOC.
“I remember working with Mike while he was at Optical Cable Corporation and being very impressed with his responsiveness and professionalism. Many times your level of service is completely dependent on others and there are those people that you know you can count on. We have always been thankful that he joined FOC,” said Tom Waite, Vice President of Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Michael has a business degree from Nichols College and currently resides in Bristol, RI with his wife, Bianca, and their daughter Maya. He was previously featured in an older FOC Blog, Fiber Optic Center Friday Customer Service Fun: thoughts on shipping from every angle, football season, and Oliver summer of 2015. This can be read on the FOC website: http://bit.ly/2igkS48
Michael’s contact information remains 508-717-8493 or 508-992-6464 with ext. 8493 and email: MThorpe@focenter.com
In future months, be sure to watch for Michael’s blogs as he takes over the FOC Customer Service blog and twitter areas.
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- FOC technical solution content: http://bit.ly/29WTvgn
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: some patch cords show ‘gain’ so how can this be possible, is there something wrong with the instrument? - March 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: available supply of specialty connectors has a positive impact on those considering using non-standard fiber sizes - March 21, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is bond line thickness important? - March 19, 2019
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects – steps for sanding your 3D printing project - March 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why has connectivity become so important? - March 14, 2019
- FOC Tips: on epoxy curing - March 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Since cleanliness counts, how can I improve my epoxy work surface? - March 12, 2019
- FOC Tips: To accurately measure IL/RL, using a high-quality tester is imperative - March 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Which package size of epoxy is right for my process? - March 7, 2019
- FOC Tips: Cross-sectioning is an effective diagnostic tool - March 6, 2019