There are a total of eight tips and considerations regarding freezing epoxy in FOC’s blog article, Ideas to adjust your epoxy process: Recommendations to reduce waste (and save money) in your fiber optic cable assembly process.
Here is an important one to highlight:
Here’s an idea to extend the epoxy’s pot life and save money: Let’s say your process typically requires 2 grams of material. Purchase a 4-gram bi-pack, which offers a lower price per gram. Instruct your operator to place 2 grams of epoxy into the syringe. Then fill another syringe with the remaining epoxy from the 4-gram package and immediately freeze it. The frozen epoxy will have its full pot life.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Ideas to adjust your epoxy process: Recommendations to reduce waste (and save money) in your fiber optic cable assembly process
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- Category Resource FOC Epoxy Page
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
Have questions about this FOC Tip?
Contact FOC with questions at: (800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: FiberOpticCenter@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019
- Fiber Optic Cable Splicing Explained - September 7, 2019
- Ways in which the end-face can become contaminated along the way - September 6, 2019
- Removal of coatings from short fiber in certain sections - September 5, 2019
- End-face quality and cleanliness - September 4, 2019
- Re-cleaning a connector after installation - September 4, 2019
- The two wavelengths used for Insertion Loss testing - September 3, 2019
- Ensuring connector end-faces meet industry standards on end-face cleanliness (ex. IEC 61300-3-35) - September 2, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - August 31, 2019