There are a total of eight tips and considerations regarding freezing epoxy in FOC’s blog article, Ideas to adjust your epoxy process: Recommendations toreduce waste (and save money) in your fiber optic cable assembly process.
Here is an important one to highlight:
Implementing this process adjustment – freezing unused epoxy – does require an initial investment of time and money. You’ll want to adjust your process, train your operators, buy additional syringes, and purchase a freezer if you don’t have access to one. (Fiber Optic Center can help you locate one.) While an up-front investment is required, you can realize cost savings over the long run – and you may discover a better process that results in better-quality products.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Ideas to adjust your epoxy process: Recommendations to reduce waste (and save money) in your fiber optic cable assembly process
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- Category Resource FOC Epoxy Page
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
Have questions about this FOC Tip?
Contact FOC with questions at: (800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: FiberOpticCenter@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Key specifications of connectors - January 3, 2020
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process adjustment - December 16, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – THAWING - November 13, 2019
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it - October 23, 2019
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurement - October 23, 2019
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues - October 23, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - October 23, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – recommended length of time - October 23, 2019
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019