When working with epoxies, MINIMIZE HANDLING where applicable. Proper packaging for your application and application process comes into play here. If you choose/need to work with bulk material, such as 8 oz. kits, there will be significantly more handling. It is likely you will need to work under a ventilation hood to avoid the fumes from this bulk material. The least amount of handling you will encounter is with Premixed and Frozen syringes. While there are other factors to consider with this packaging type, contact with the epoxy is indeed significantly less.
To reduce the risk of dermatitis, remember these simple statements about handling:
- More handling = more exposure = increased chances of allergic reaction.
- Less handling = less exposure = decreased chances of allergic reaction.
READ THE BLOG: How to minimize allergic reactions when handling epoxies
Click to learn more:
- Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
- Bond Line Thickness & More: Answers to Common Epoxy Questions
- Ideas to Adjust Your Epoxy Process: Recommendations to Reduce Waste (and Save Money) in Your Fiber Optic Cable Assembly Process
- Crystallization in Epoxies: Steps for You to Spot it – and Fix It.
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse It
- Epoxy Bi-Pack News – and Usage Tips for Best Results
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
- Contact FOC with questions at: (800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOC Tips: considerations regarding freezing epoxy – remaining material in the syringe - May 23, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Is there a full automation solution in the connector assembly process? - May 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: Components of the fiber optic patch cord (cable assembly) - May 21, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have information on common layers and what to consider when stripping? - May 20, 2019
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping and damage - May 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to help establish good cleaning techniques throughout your polishing process - May 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does Fiber Optic Center accept returns of crystallized epoxies? - May 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: implementing a cross-sectioning capability IN-HOUSE - May 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are COATED flock pile pads and are there multiple choices for them? - May 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1310 and 1550 similar - May 9, 2019