When working with epoxies, MINIMIZE HANDLING where applicable. Proper packaging for your application and application process comes into play here. If you choose/need to work with bulk material, such as 8 oz. kits, there will be significantly more handling. It is likely you will need to work under a ventilation hood to avoid the fumes from this bulk material. The least amount of handling you will encounter is with Premixed and Frozen syringes. While there are other factors to consider with this packaging type, contact with the epoxy is indeed significantly less.
To reduce the risk of dermatitis, remember these simple statements about handling:
- More handling = more exposure = increased chances of allergic reaction.
- Less handling = less exposure = decreased chances of allergic reaction.
READ THE BLOG: How to minimize allergic reactions when handling epoxies
Click to learn more:
- Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
- Bond Line Thickness & More: Answers to Common Epoxy Questions
- Ideas to Adjust Your Epoxy Process: Recommendations to Reduce Waste (and Save Money) in Your Fiber Optic Cable Assembly Process
- Crystallization in Epoxies: Steps for You to Spot it – and Fix It.
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse It
- Epoxy Bi-Pack News – and Usage Tips for Best Results
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
- Contact FOC with questions at: (800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOC Tips: cables hanging in existing masts vs. installing ducts in the ground - June 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: are there Standards on the amount of contamination for multi-fiber end-faces? - June 18, 2018
- FOC Tips: “transition point” where buffered fiber is stripped away to reveal the bare fiber - June 15, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where can I get a little bit of Teflon? - June 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: dual asymmetric centrifuge - June 13, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: contamination of fixture affecting precision - June 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: cross sectioning and detailed failure analysis - June 8, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: is there a way to avoid wasted epoxy? - June 7, 2018
- FOC Tips: 2-stage heat cure - June 6, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why is The Phenix fibersect fiber cleaving device referred to as an ‘industry standard’ in some places? - June 5, 2018