When working with epoxies, MINIMIZE HANDLING where applicable. Proper packaging for your application and application process comes into play here. If you choose/need to work with bulk material, such as 8 oz. kits, there will be significantly more handling. It is likely you will need to work under a ventilation hood to avoid the fumes from this bulk material. The least amount of handling you will encounter is with Premixed and Frozen syringes. While there are other factors to consider with this packaging type, contact with the epoxy is indeed significantly less.
To reduce the risk of dermatitis, remember these simple statements about handling:
- More handling = more exposure = increased chances of allergic reaction.
- Less handling = less exposure = decreased chances of allergic reaction.
READ THE BLOG: How to minimize allergic reactions when handling epoxies
Click to learn more:
- Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
- Bond Line Thickness & More: Answers to Common Epoxy Questions
- Ideas to Adjust Your Epoxy Process: Recommendations to Reduce Waste (and Save Money) in Your Fiber Optic Cable Assembly Process
- Crystallization in Epoxies: Steps for You to Spot it – and Fix It.
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse It
- Epoxy Bi-Pack News – and Usage Tips for Best Results
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
- Contact FOC with questions at: (800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: email@example.com
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: are there different geometry parameter measurements for PC ferrules and APC ferrules? - August 21, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: differences between Viavi Sidewinder and Sumix Manta? - August 20, 2018
- FOC Tips: Build in buffer time to validate your curing schedule - August 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where does the contamination come from in the normal polishing process? - August 16, 2018
- FOC Tips: spring loaded connectors after primary polishing - August 15, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how are the environments in which copper and optical cable are produced different? - August 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: inner-housing - August 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: the most common fiber optic epoxy packaging is premeasured two part packs. - August 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects start with a good print job - August 10, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the advantages and disadvantages of the different methods of cross sectioning fiber optic connectors? - August 9, 2018