At Fiber Optic Center, we recommend the Viavi MAP200 Passive Component Tester to measure IL/RL. Viavi (formerly JDSU) has been producing IL/RL meters for at least 20 years.
In fact, they initially built this tester for their own internal use, because suitable equipment was not available for the new products they were developing.
This company’s experienced team (of which I was once a part) continually improves this highly reliable instrumentation. My customers and I find that it has all the tools you need, and Fiber Optic Center will help you get the best out of it. In fact, this is my promise to my customers: When you buy test equipment from us, I’ll make sure you succeed at using it.
READ THE BLOG: How to Accurately Measure IL/RL
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- Category Resource FOC Test Page
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
Have questions about this FOC Tip?
Contact FOC with questions at: (800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: FiberOpticCenter@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy and the how to - August 23, 2019
- Proper curing temperature profile - August 22, 2019
- Scratches and final film - August 13, 2019
- The importance of etching in Chemical Mechanical Planarization of MT ferrules - August 12, 2019
- Glass transition is analogous to the melting point of a solid - August 9, 2019
- Outer jacket and Good stripping techniques - August 7, 2019
- Is fabricating fiber optic cable assemblies a manual or automated process? - August 6, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – to stop the curing process - July 31, 2019
- If you use too much water and flood the platen - July 26, 2019
- Proper maintenance of polishing fixtures is absolutely essential - July 23, 2019