At Fiber Optic Center, we recommend the Viavi MAP200 Passive Component Tester to measure IL/RL. Viavi (formerly JDSU) has been producing IL/RL meters for at least 20 years.
In fact, they initially built this tester for their own internal use, because suitable equipment was not available for the new products they were developing.
This company’s experienced team (of which I was once a part) continually improves this highly reliable instrumentation. My customers and I find that it has all the tools you need, and Fiber Optic Center will help you get the best out of it. In fact, this is my promise to my customers: When you buy test equipment from us, I’ll make sure you succeed at using it.
READ THE BLOG: How to Accurately Measure IL/RL
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- Category Resource FOC Test Page
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
Have questions about this FOC Tip?
Contact FOC with questions at: (800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: FiberOpticCenter@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Key specifications of connectors - January 3, 2020
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process adjustment - December 16, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – THAWING - November 13, 2019
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it - October 23, 2019
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurement - October 23, 2019
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues - October 23, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - October 23, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – recommended length of time - October 23, 2019
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019