At Fiber Optic Center, we recommend the Viavi MAP200 Passive Component Tester to measure IL/RL. Viavi (formerly JDSU) has been producing IL/RL meters for at least 20 years.
In fact, they initially built this tester for their own internal use, because suitable equipment was not available for the new products they were developing.
This company’s experienced team (of which I was once a part) continually improves this highly reliable instrumentation. My customers and I find that it has all the tools you need, and Fiber Optic Center will help you get the best out of it. In fact, this is my promise to my customers: When you buy test equipment from us, I’ll make sure you succeed at using it.
READ THE BLOG: How to Accurately Measure IL/RL
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- Category Resource FOC Test Page
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
Have questions about this FOC Tip?
Contact FOC with questions at: (800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: FiberOpticCenter@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019
- Fiber Optic Cable Splicing Explained - September 7, 2019
- Ways in which the end-face can become contaminated along the way - September 6, 2019
- Removal of coatings from short fiber in certain sections - September 5, 2019
- End-face quality and cleanliness - September 4, 2019
- Re-cleaning a connector after installation - September 4, 2019
- The two wavelengths used for Insertion Loss testing - September 3, 2019
- Ensuring connector end-faces meet industry standards on end-face cleanliness (ex. IEC 61300-3-35) - September 2, 2019