Spartanburg, SC – May 9, 2017 – AFL, a leading international manufacturer of fiber optic cable and accessories, announces it received ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Certification for “the design and manufacture of hardware accessories for electric and rail applications.”ISO 9001:2015 QMS Certification
“Satisfying the requirements within the ISO 9001:2015 standard ensures that our quality management system is completely integrated and aligned with the business strategies of our organization,” explained Eric Borowicz, general manager for AFL’s accessories division. “AFL will continue driving for improvement in all factors that can affect our ability to more adequately service our customers.”
Similar to AFL’s initial certification in 2013, there were zero findings during the audit.
AFL’s conductor accessories provide superior performance and reliability for electric power utilities and rail companies. Drawing on the experience gained from over 80 years designing and manufacturing accessory products, AFL’s conductor accessories improve the reliability of critical electrical and optical infrastructure used for the transmission and distribution of electricity. The product offering consists of substation and transmission accessories, rail transit accessories, fiber optic cable hardware, motion control and wire products, network underground accessories, tools and compounds.
Founded in 1984, AFL is an international manufacturer providing end-to-end solutions to the energy, service provider, enterprise and industrial markets as well as several emerging markets. The company’s products are in use in over 130 countries and include fiber optic cable and hardware, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectivity, test and inspection equipment, fusion splicers and training. AFL also offers a wide variety of services supporting data center, enterprise, wireless, and outside plant applications.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan.
- AFL Showcasing new TAPLINK™ Connectors at SEE Trade Show - June 19, 2019
- New Bedford Deploys Innovative Marina Trash Skimmer To Address Marine Debris In Coastal Waters - April 25, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. Expands Marketing Department; Joni Montemagno joins as Director Marketing Promotions - April 17, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC 20–5-1 campaign to support Children’s Cancer Research #20mtns5states1mission - April 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Kelly Michael Skelton as Systems Architect - April 9, 2019
- Announcing Discontinuation of Ericsson Fusion Splicer Support; Introducing New FITEL S185 Series From Furukawa Electric Co. - March 29, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC 10-4 campaign to support #5MillionSteps - July 2, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the ÅngströmBond Solutions Center to provide the industry with epoxy technical solutions and products - May 8, 2018
- End Supply Chain Friction By Changing This One Thing About Your Quality Control Process… - November 16, 2017
- Study by Lockheed, Cinch, and FiberQA to be Presented during AVFOP 2017 - November 1, 2017