Spartanburg, SC – May 9, 2017 – AFL, a leading international manufacturer of fiber optic cable and accessories, announces it received ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Certification for “the design and manufacture of hardware accessories for electric and rail applications.”ISO 9001:2015 QMS Certification
“Satisfying the requirements within the ISO 9001:2015 standard ensures that our quality management system is completely integrated and aligned with the business strategies of our organization,” explained Eric Borowicz, general manager for AFL’s accessories division. “AFL will continue driving for improvement in all factors that can affect our ability to more adequately service our customers.”
Similar to AFL’s initial certification in 2013, there were zero findings during the audit.
AFL’s conductor accessories provide superior performance and reliability for electric power utilities and rail companies. Drawing on the experience gained from over 80 years designing and manufacturing accessory products, AFL’s conductor accessories improve the reliability of critical electrical and optical infrastructure used for the transmission and distribution of electricity. The product offering consists of substation and transmission accessories, rail transit accessories, fiber optic cable hardware, motion control and wire products, network underground accessories, tools and compounds.
Founded in 1984, AFL is an international manufacturer providing end-to-end solutions to the energy, service provider, enterprise and industrial markets as well as several emerging markets. The company’s products are in use in over 130 countries and include fiber optic cable and hardware, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectivity, test and inspection equipment, fusion splicers and training. AFL also offers a wide variety of services supporting data center, enterprise, wireless, and outside plant applications.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan.
- FOC Tips: epoxy de-gassing - October 17, 2018
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects – gradually decrease grit size when sanding and polishing - October 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do you ensure proper bond line thickness? - October 15, 2018
- FOC Tips: purchasing bulk material for fiber optic epoxies - October 12, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the recommended needle size to dispense epoxy? - October 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: fiber diameters - October 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How can you decrease and increase Radius values? - October 8, 2018
- FOC Tips: testing of dissimilar connector styles - October 5, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: guidance for developing a fiber optic polishing process? - October 4, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what industries need a fiber optic SMA today? - October 2, 2018