Spartanburg, SC – May 9, 2017 – AFL, a leading international manufacturer of fiber optic cable and accessories, announces it received ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System Certification for “the design and manufacture of hardware accessories for electric and rail applications.”ISO 9001:2015 QMS Certification
“Satisfying the requirements within the ISO 9001:2015 standard ensures that our quality management system is completely integrated and aligned with the business strategies of our organization,” explained Eric Borowicz, general manager for AFL’s accessories division. “AFL will continue driving for improvement in all factors that can affect our ability to more adequately service our customers.”
Similar to AFL’s initial certification in 2013, there were zero findings during the audit.
AFL’s conductor accessories provide superior performance and reliability for electric power utilities and rail companies. Drawing on the experience gained from over 80 years designing and manufacturing accessory products, AFL’s conductor accessories improve the reliability of critical electrical and optical infrastructure used for the transmission and distribution of electricity. The product offering consists of substation and transmission accessories, rail transit accessories, fiber optic cable hardware, motion control and wire products, network underground accessories, tools and compounds.
Founded in 1984, AFL is an international manufacturer providing end-to-end solutions to the energy, service provider, enterprise and industrial markets as well as several emerging markets. The company’s products are in use in over 130 countries and include fiber optic cable and hardware, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectivity, test and inspection equipment, fusion splicers and training. AFL also offers a wide variety of services supporting data center, enterprise, wireless, and outside plant applications.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have many customers using AngstromLap polishing film or are other brands more prevalent? - April 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: visual inspection is made easier with an automated fiberscope - April 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: no changes in fiber optic cable assembly production process, but measured IL and RL values of product aren’t as good as they were-could there be something wrong with the measurement equipment? - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. Expands Marketing Department; Joni Montemagno joins as Director Marketing Promotions - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC 20–5-1 campaign to support Children’s Cancer Research #20mtns5states1mission - April 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: in APC polishing is conical or step ferrules more expensive? - April 16, 2019
- FOC Tips: importance of controlling the amount of epoxy inside the ferrule-holder - April 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: Quick troubleshooting checklist for common APC polishing issues - April 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We have issues with crystallized epoxy: has the epoxy had “gone bad”? - April 10, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Kelly Michael Skelton as Systems Architect - April 9, 2019