1/12/2017, Tukwila, WA and Spartanburg, SC – Light Brigade, AFL’s training and education division, is partnering with Fiber Insight to offer design and engineering customers two new course options—Certified Optical Network Associate (CONA) and Certified Fiber Characterization Engineer (CFCE).
CONA is an intermediate level course where students will learn what is required for proper system design and how performance can be affected by the fiber infrastructure.
CFCE is a five-day advanced course focused on mastering the tests required to verify if network infrastructures can support future, high data rate applications.
“Teaming up with Fiber Insight allows us to bring two rigorous five-day technical courses to our customers this year,” said Lee Kellett, general manager of Light Brigade. “With the growth in higher speed networks, there is great need for these types of courses. The CFCE and CONA courses are licensed by OTT in the UK and are very well-respected around the world.”
The first CONA course is scheduled at Light Brigade’s Seattle training center in February and the next CFCE class will be at the Lowell, MA facility in April. The classes are open and anyone can register to attend.
About Light Brigade
Since 1987, Light Brigade has trained over 50,000 people worldwide in its instructor led public and custom classes on fiber optic installation, design, maintenance, and testing best practices. The company also produces online courses and training DVDs that provide focus on specific fiber related topics. For more information about Light Brigade, visit www.lightbrigade.com.
Founded in 1984, AFL is an international manufacturer providing end-to-end solutions to the energy, service provider, enterprise and industrial markets as well as several emerging markets. The company’s products are in use in over 130 countries and include fiber optic cable and hardware, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectivity, test and inspection equipment, fusion splicers and training. AFL also offers a wide variety of services supporting data center, enterprise, wireless, and outside plant applications.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan.
- FOC Tips: automated end face inspection microscopes and where they come in - February 28, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What documentation have you published on how operators can better meet design goals? - January 29, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Chemical level changes in gas delivery system bubbling process - January 19, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Specialty optical preforms strength and deposition issues - January 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We are experiencing chemical level drops in our chemical bubbler. Is this a temperature issue or should we be focusing on other variables? - January 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We are having issues with shrinkage and are focusing on the polish step. Looking for some steps, best practices, solutions, etc. - January 4, 2018
- FOC Marketing Tip 12: Social Media Navigation - December 22, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 11: Business Development: An Honest Conversation - December 21, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 10: Product Inventory Management and a quick snapshot…. - December 20, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 9: Trade Show Strategy Revisited - December 19, 2017