1/12/2017, Tukwila, WA and Spartanburg, SC – Light Brigade, AFL’s training and education division, is partnering with Fiber Insight to offer design and engineering customers two new course options—Certified Optical Network Associate (CONA) and Certified Fiber Characterization Engineer (CFCE).
CONA is an intermediate level course where students will learn what is required for proper system design and how performance can be affected by the fiber infrastructure.
CFCE is a five-day advanced course focused on mastering the tests required to verify if network infrastructures can support future, high data rate applications.
“Teaming up with Fiber Insight allows us to bring two rigorous five-day technical courses to our customers this year,” said Lee Kellett, general manager of Light Brigade. “With the growth in higher speed networks, there is great need for these types of courses. The CFCE and CONA courses are licensed by OTT in the UK and are very well-respected around the world.”
The first CONA course is scheduled at Light Brigade’s Seattle training center in February and the next CFCE class will be at the Lowell, MA facility in April. The classes are open and anyone can register to attend.
About Light Brigade
Since 1987, Light Brigade has trained over 50,000 people worldwide in its instructor led public and custom classes on fiber optic installation, design, maintenance, and testing best practices. The company also produces online courses and training DVDs that provide focus on specific fiber related topics. For more information about Light Brigade, visit www.lightbrigade.com.
Founded in 1984, AFL is an international manufacturer providing end-to-end solutions to the energy, service provider, enterprise and industrial markets as well as several emerging markets. The company’s products are in use in over 130 countries and include fiber optic cable and hardware, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectivity, test and inspection equipment, fusion splicers and training. AFL also offers a wide variety of services supporting data center, enterprise, wireless, and outside plant applications.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan.
- PRESS RELEASE: FOC announces the addition of Disposable Medical Face Masks to their inventory - April 27, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Technical Discussion schedule, Reception and Product Demonstrations at OFC March 10-12, 2020, San Diego, CA - February 27, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Richard Mack as Market Analyst - February 10, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Technical Discussion schedule at SPIE Photonics West February 4-6, 2020, San Francisco, CA - February 4, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces latest Corporate Citizen project: FOC Road to the Boston Marathon - January 23, 2020
- The Latest Corporate Citizen at FOC makes FOC Proud - January 22, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc., announces Ben Waite as presenter at the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 10, 2019
- Network experts from Verizon and Microsoft join the world’s leading fiber companies for the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 1, 2019
- FOC announces presentation, paper and tutorials on latest industry products at International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) 2019 - September 29, 2019
- New FOC Website and Expanded Technical Resource Centers Launch at ECOC 2019 announced - September 23, 2019