May 2, 2017 Tukwila, WA. Light Brigade, a leading developer and provider of fiber optic training, will bring its most popular course, Fiber Optics 1-2-3, to New Bedford, MA this summer for the first time. The 4 day, hands-on course provides a practical understanding of fiber optic technology, products, and equipment, and teaches skills required to install, splice, test, and troubleshoot fiber optic networks. This is a great class for those new to fiber, and those looking to refresh their skills or to understand industry best practices.
“We hold classes all over the US and Canada, but had never brought a course to the southeastern corner of Massachusetts. With our friends at Fiber Optic Center, Inc. (FOC) being local and so involved in the community, we saw a great opportunity to work together to promote fiber optic training in the area. This is providing easy access for people from Boston to the South Shore, Rhode Island and the Cape.” Said Lee Kellett, General Manager.
Industry certification is available for course attendees. An ETA International Fiber Optic Installer (FOI) Certification may be earned by successfully completing skills test exercises during the course and passing a written exam at the conclusion of the class.
Fiber Optics 1-2-3 is offered in over 50 cities throughout the United States and Canada and will be in New Bedford only once this year from June 27-30. For more information about the course, visit our website.
About Light Brigade Founded in 1987, The Light Brigade has trained over 55,000 people worldwide in its instructor-led public and custom classes on fiber optic design, maintenance, and testing, including advanced topics such as FTTx, Fiber Characterization and OSP Design. The company also produces online courses that provide focus on specific fiber related topics. For more information about Light Brigade, visit www.lightbrigade.com.
FOC is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Founded in late 1991 in downtown New Bedford, MA, FOC prides itself in being a good neighbor within their southeastern Massachusetts community through engagement, investment and volunteerism.
Press Contact: Rick Atchison, Marketing Specialist Light Brigade, (206) 575-0404 ext. 200, E: email@example.com
- FOC Tips: Assess the quality and condition of test cables - June 25, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How can I select the right epoxy for a new application? - June 24, 2019
- Twenty-three Miles and Three Mountains Later: Journey in Bethlehem - June 21, 2019
- FOC Tips: guides and resources for epoxy and adhesive options - June 20, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why isn’t there one standard polishing process? - June 19, 2019
- FOC Tips: considerations regarding freezing epoxy – extending the epoxy’s pot life and saving money - June 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have epoxy information in the form of a matrix? - June 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to investigate core cracking issues and identify the cause - June 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much water should we use when polishing? - June 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Can you give more detail about the bend test? - June 11, 2019