Milpitas, CA, February 20, 2017 – Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) Enterprise-SLM builds on industry-leading Viavi expertise in OTDR technology, providing features and capabilities to technicians enabling correct and timely testing. Meeting tight network specifications with a repeatable and precise OTDR that can perform all necessary Advanced/Tier 2 tests in Enterprise and Datacenter environments, while providing a tailored and user-friendly interface, the Enterprise-SLM efficiently removes complexity from OTDR testing.
“With extremely strict loss budgets and rapid growth of MPO architectures, Enterprise and Datacenter technicians are driven to use OTDRs to provide the test details they need, but are often intimidated by complexities associated with using and understanding them,” says Charlene Roux, Product Line Manager for Viavi OTDRs. “Our SLM applications have eliminated these barriers for numerous fiber technicians in FTTH, FTTA, and Cable markets. We are now expanding this same benefit to Enterprise and Datacenter technicians, giving them numerous capabilities with fast and intuitive operation.”
- Self-setting OTDR with pre-defined SmartConfig™
- Icon-based map view of the link and events (SLM)
- Pass/fail alarm criteria per the TIA/IEC standards
- Project management capability to easily control and document all the tested fiber
- Management of an optical switch to test MPO cable
- Automatic PDF report generation
- Embedded Encircled Flux compliance
With Enterprise-SLM, technicians will experience intuitive Tier 2 fiber testing, an easy 3-step operation via the application’s streamlined user interface that provides swift test result analysis. Viavi’s new Enterprise-SLM is the essential Tier 2 application for your Enterprise and Datacenter needs.
About Viavi Solutions
Viavi (NASDAQ: VIAV) is a global provider of network test, monitoring and assurance solutions to communications service providers, enterprises and their ecosystems, supported by a worldwide channel community including Viavi Velocity Solution Partners. We deliver end-to-end visibility across physical, virtual and hybrid networks, enabling customers to optimize connectivity, quality of experience and profitability. Viavi is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where does the contamination come from in the normal polishing process? - August 16, 2018
- FOC Tips: spring loaded connectors after primary polishing - August 15, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how are the environments in which copper and optical cable are produced different? - August 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: inner-housing - August 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: the most common fiber optic epoxy packaging is premeasured two part packs. - August 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects start with a good print job - August 10, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the advantages and disadvantages of the different methods of cross sectioning fiber optic connectors? - August 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what lapping films are available with PSA (Pressure Sensitive Adhesive) back? - August 7, 2018
- FOC Tips: To help ensure accurate RL measurements, use OTDR. - August 3, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: When does less cladding get faster transmission rates or does it? - August 2, 2018