Milpitas, CA, February 20, 2017 – Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) Enterprise-SLM builds on industry-leading Viavi expertise in OTDR technology, providing features and capabilities to technicians enabling correct and timely testing. Meeting tight network specifications with a repeatable and precise OTDR that can perform all necessary Advanced/Tier 2 tests in Enterprise and Datacenter environments, while providing a tailored and user-friendly interface, the Enterprise-SLM efficiently removes complexity from OTDR testing.
“With extremely strict loss budgets and rapid growth of MPO architectures, Enterprise and Datacenter technicians are driven to use OTDRs to provide the test details they need, but are often intimidated by complexities associated with using and understanding them,” says Charlene Roux, Product Line Manager for Viavi OTDRs. “Our SLM applications have eliminated these barriers for numerous fiber technicians in FTTH, FTTA, and Cable markets. We are now expanding this same benefit to Enterprise and Datacenter technicians, giving them numerous capabilities with fast and intuitive operation.”
- Self-setting OTDR with pre-defined SmartConfig™
- Icon-based map view of the link and events (SLM)
- Pass/fail alarm criteria per the TIA/IEC standards
- Project management capability to easily control and document all the tested fiber
- Management of an optical switch to test MPO cable
- Automatic PDF report generation
- Embedded Encircled Flux compliance
With Enterprise-SLM, technicians will experience intuitive Tier 2 fiber testing, an easy 3-step operation via the application’s streamlined user interface that provides swift test result analysis. Viavi’s new Enterprise-SLM is the essential Tier 2 application for your Enterprise and Datacenter needs.
About Viavi Solutions
Viavi (NASDAQ: VIAV) is a global provider of network test, monitoring and assurance solutions to communications service providers, enterprises and their ecosystems, supported by a worldwide channel community including Viavi Velocity Solution Partners. We deliver end-to-end visibility across physical, virtual and hybrid networks, enabling customers to optimize connectivity, quality of experience and profitability. Viavi is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What documentation have you published on how operators can better meet design goals? - January 29, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Chemical level changes in gas delivery system bubbling process - January 19, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Specialty optical preforms strength and deposition issues - January 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We are experiencing chemical level drops in our chemical bubbler. Is this a temperature issue or should we be focusing on other variables? - January 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We are having issues with shrinkage and are focusing on the polish step. Looking for some steps, best practices, solutions, etc. - January 4, 2018
- FOC Marketing Tip 12: Social Media Navigation - December 22, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 11: Business Development: An Honest Conversation - December 21, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 10: Product Inventory Management and a quick snapshot…. - December 20, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 9: Trade Show Strategy Revisited - December 19, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 8: The Roles of a Marketing Team - December 18, 2017