Milpitas, CA, February 20, 2017 – Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV) Enterprise-SLM builds on industry-leading Viavi expertise in OTDR technology, providing features and capabilities to technicians enabling correct and timely testing. Meeting tight network specifications with a repeatable and precise OTDR that can perform all necessary Advanced/Tier 2 tests in Enterprise and Datacenter environments, while providing a tailored and user-friendly interface, the Enterprise-SLM efficiently removes complexity from OTDR testing.
“With extremely strict loss budgets and rapid growth of MPO architectures, Enterprise and Datacenter technicians are driven to use OTDRs to provide the test details they need, but are often intimidated by complexities associated with using and understanding them,” says Charlene Roux, Product Line Manager for Viavi OTDRs. “Our SLM applications have eliminated these barriers for numerous fiber technicians in FTTH, FTTA, and Cable markets. We are now expanding this same benefit to Enterprise and Datacenter technicians, giving them numerous capabilities with fast and intuitive operation.”
- Self-setting OTDR with pre-defined SmartConfig™
- Icon-based map view of the link and events (SLM)
- Pass/fail alarm criteria per the TIA/IEC standards
- Project management capability to easily control and document all the tested fiber
- Management of an optical switch to test MPO cable
- Automatic PDF report generation
- Embedded Encircled Flux compliance
With Enterprise-SLM, technicians will experience intuitive Tier 2 fiber testing, an easy 3-step operation via the application’s streamlined user interface that provides swift test result analysis. Viavi’s new Enterprise-SLM is the essential Tier 2 application for your Enterprise and Datacenter needs.
About Viavi Solutions
Viavi (NASDAQ: VIAV) is a global provider of network test, monitoring and assurance solutions to communications service providers, enterprises and their ecosystems, supported by a worldwide channel community including Viavi Velocity Solution Partners. We deliver end-to-end visibility across physical, virtual and hybrid networks, enabling customers to optimize connectivity, quality of experience and profitability. Viavi is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Determining minor or normal slight binder indentation on buffer tubes - October 16, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. introduces Viavi FiberChek Sidewinder, first fully autonomous handheld inspection and analysis solution for multifiber connectors - October 10, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the promotion of William Sorell to Shipping Supervisor - October 5, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Where does dust based end face contamination come from? - August 16, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the highest capacity fiber count an OCETS can handle? - August 9, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is it important to clean both ends of the connector pair? - August 8, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How residue based contamination cause signal loss between a mated connector pair? - August 2, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Larry Donalds as Business Development, Fiber Design and Manufacturing, Technical Sales - July 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What happens if there are dust particles on one of the connector end faces during the connector mating process? - July 18, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: OCETS: How do I configure the software to work with the chamber? - July 12, 2017