New Bedford, MA, USA, September 1, 2019– Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces Mr. Larry Donalds, FOC Fiber Design and Manufacturing Technical Expert, will be presenting information on Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at their exhibition space at 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC.
Topics will include:
- How the preform profiler is critical to meeting design goals
- Design considerations
- Equipment considerations to achieve design goals
- Process considerations to achieve design goals
- Quick Tip Session
The Quick Tip Session will include:
- Tips to enhance reproducibility
- Tips to keep the temperature low
- Tips regarding hand-held pyrometers:
- Tips to keep the preform straight during collapse
The 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their
Applications (WSOF’2019) is a technical workshop and exhibit on advances and
innovations in the field of specialty optical fibers and their applications.
Following the five previous workshops in the series, it brings together
students and researchers from academia and industry, with an interest in fiber
The three day event will offer plenary, tutorial and invited talks, as well as contributed and poster papers. Industrial partners are invited to exhibit their latest technology and product offerings.
For appointments with Larry Donalds contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, E: email@example.com
The Fiber Optic Center team offers preform fabrication consulting services to manufacturers of specialty optical preforms and fibers. Larry Donalds can be contacted for guidance selecting the right MCVD fabrication system for your needs, post-installation troubleshooting to meet exacting product specs, developing custom solutions, training personnel, and writing standard operating procedures (SOPs).
A unique and particularly valuable service is Larry’s troubleshooting expertise to overcome the many preform fabrication and fiber draw issues manufacturers face when producing specialty optical fibers.
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact:
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct
508-992-6464. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Technical Discussion schedule, Reception and Product Demonstrations at OFC March 10-12, 2020, San Diego, CA - February 27, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Richard Mack as Market Analyst - February 10, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Technical Discussion schedule at SPIE Photonics West February 4-6, 2020, San Francisco, CA - February 4, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces latest Corporate Citizen project: FOC Road to the Boston Marathon - January 23, 2020
- The Latest Corporate Citizen at FOC makes FOC Proud - January 22, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc., announces Ben Waite as presenter at the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 10, 2019
- Network experts from Verizon and Microsoft join the world’s leading fiber companies for the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 1, 2019
- FOC announces presentation, paper and tutorials on latest industry products at International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) 2019 - September 29, 2019
- New FOC Website and Expanded Technical Resource Centers Launch at ECOC 2019 announced - September 23, 2019
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019