New Bedford, MA, USA, March 21, 2016 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and recognized as one of the most technically savvy fiber optics companies in the world, announces Neal Weiss honored by NBAM/ArtWorks! Patron of the Arts.
This past Friday, March 18th, the New Bedford Art Museum, NBAM/ArtWorks!, recognized Neal Weiss for truly impacted the arts community with the Patron of the Arts Award. In an area that is so highly populated by artists and has seen revitalization due in part to the arts community, the Museum recognized those that have helped New Bedford achieve success in this area.
Neal Weiss has been a huge supporter of the artistic community through both his own businesses and personal support by attending events regularly and donating to financial support. He has been connected with the NB Symphony, the YWCA, the Whaling Museum and Sine Nomine Choral Ensemble. He served on the Board of the New Bedford Art Museum including a stint as chair and he is currently the Board Chair of the New Bedford Education Foundation which supports programs for students not included in the school budget.
Neal founded Fiber Optic Center in 1991 and led the company as President, until earlier this year when he turned over the operations to his sons. FOC is a 30+ person high tech distribution company located in the Historic District of downtown New Bedford. Local businesses like FOC make New Bedford a comfortable culture for creative enterprise not only in the type of work they do and the workers they attract, but also in the issues they support in the downtown.
In 1999, Neal founded a second business, Whaling City Sound, which releases and distributes CD recordings of local and national talent. Neal and Whaling City Sound have supported and grown the local live music scene giving many local artists their start in live gigs and exposure through recordings. Hosting and sponsoring Centre Street Sessions in the months of June, July, August and September AHA! Nights, the FOC parking lot turns into a concert stage to showcase the best local jazz musicians. Neal also quietly funds live music for nonprofit events giving local talent work and visibility while making great entertainment for fundraisers within reach of the organizations. Additionally, he played a large role in helping orchestrate New Bedford’s JazzFest now going into its fourth year.
Neal anchors both of his enterprises in a historic downtown structure, the Kaller Beef Warehouse building, using the rear side to house Whaling City Sound. This thoughtful mixed use of space has made him a leader in bringing the downtown forward into an economy which is both supportive of industry and local arts and culture.
Lee Heald, who announced this award, said, “Neal is the real deal – a generous and giving spirit, a successful entrepreneur and business man and favorite impresario of the local music scene.”
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center (FOC) is an international high technology sales, marketing, distribution, manufacturing and consulting company. FOC has several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, making them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. FOC also strives to “make the business part easy,” offering outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. Their main focus is assisting cable assembly houses with supplies, equipment, consulting and technical support in the manufacturing and testing of fiber optic cable assemblies. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations.
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322 . Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019
- Cable Connector Market Share 2019 Overview by Type, Emerging Growth Factors, Sales Analysis, Future Scope, Leading Manufacturers and Forecast 2024 - August 29, 2019
- Dymax Corporation Recognized by Inc. 5000 Ranked in Top 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. - August 20, 2019
- Domaille 5300 Polishing Machine Video Released - August 10, 2019
- Polymers Market Industry review and forecasts 2019-2027 - August 10, 2019
- New and emerging cabling standards from the TIA - August 9, 2019
- Fiber Optics Market Size, Share and Trends 2019 - August 9, 2019
- Larry Donalds to present MCVD Tips to enhance preform strength, yield, and reproducibility at ECOC 2019 - August 2, 2019
- AngstromLink Resource Center for OKP Optical Plastic Series at ECOC 2019 announced - July 24, 2019
- Technavio market research report on the global cable assembly market from 2019-2023 - July 10, 2019