New Bedford, MA, USA, July 2, 2018 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces sponsorship of FOC 10-4 campaign to support #5MillionSteps for kids fighting cancer.
Over the next few months, FOC will cover steps, mountains and four New England states. The journey began with a young boy named Cole Stoddard, continued with the dedication of his father, Tony, and now is being carried on this summer by a group of people supporting Tony during a time that he cannot make the physical steps. One person in that group is FOC Director of Strategic Marketing’s son, Kelly Skelton. Kelly has also been a marketing contractor for special projects at FOC over the years and is considered a part of the FOC family. The full blog article on Cole and Tony Stoddard can be found here: https://focenter.com/focs-step-by-step-making-a-difference-many-places/
With a goal of 5 million steps between the Appalachian Trail and New England Mountain Hikes, a mission called #5MillionSteps for kids fighting cancer plans to raise one dollar for each step and a total of $5 million dollars to help fund promising childhood cancer research initiatives.
In addition to being a sponsor, Kelly Skelton is kicking off the FOC Steps 10-4 campaign: Ten Mountains * Four States * One Goal on the July 4, 2018, with the first hike in Massachusetts, Mount Greylock.
Mount Greylock is the highest natural point in Massachusetts at 3,489 feet (1,063 m). Its peak is located in the northwest corner of the state in the western part of the town of Adams in Berkshire County. The mountain is known for its expansive views encompassing five states.
Future hikes will include Mount Mansfield in Vermont, Mount Marcy in New York, Mount Osceola in New Hampshire, and the Presidential Traverse New Hampshire. Presidential Traverse is over the Presidential Range of New Hampshire’s White Mountains in a string of summits in excess of 4,000 feet (1,200 m). The 23 miles (37 km), 9,000 feet (2,700 m) of elevation gain includes Mount Madison, Mount Adams, Mount Jefferson, Mount Washington and Mount Eisenhower.
For anyone wishing to donate to the #5MillionSteps, visit WWW.SOPHIASFUND.ORG where the Donate button links directly to PayPal.
FOC was founded in New Bedford, MA, USA, in “the city that lit the world” and continues the new traditions of lighting the world, through both its global business footprint and community involvement and support. The history of the city that lit the world can be found on Our Home page.
For further information on the non-profit organizations and hours of volunteerism FOC supports, visit FOC Corporate Citizen: http://bit.ly/2dnUxTc
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322. Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: email@example.com
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Richard Mack as Market Analyst - February 10, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Technical Discussion schedule at SPIE Photonics West February 4-6, 2020, San Francisco, CA - February 4, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces latest Corporate Citizen project: FOC Road to the Boston Marathon - January 23, 2020
- The Latest Corporate Citizen at FOC makes FOC Proud - January 22, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc., announces Ben Waite as presenter at the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 10, 2019
- Network experts from Verizon and Microsoft join the world’s leading fiber companies for the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 1, 2019
- FOC announces presentation, paper and tutorials on latest industry products at International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) 2019 - September 29, 2019
- New FOC Website and Expanded Technical Resource Centers Launch at ECOC 2019 announced - September 23, 2019
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019
- Cable Connector Market Share 2019 Overview by Type, Emerging Growth Factors, Sales Analysis, Future Scope, Leading Manufacturers and Forecast 2024 - August 29, 2019