New Bedford, MA, USA, April 15, 2019 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world has announces the 20–5-1 campaign to support Children’s Cancer Research #20mtns5states1mission under the FOC internal Corporate Citizen.
The 20-5-1 campaign is the ambitious fundraiser for one young man, FOC’s own Systems Architect, Kelly Michael Skelton, to climb 20 mountains over 5 states for 1 mission: a Cure for Childhood Cancer over the summer of 2019.
The 20-5-1 campaign page will provide an opportunity to follow updates on Kelly’s FOC steps to the total elevation of 96,739 feet (all 20 mountains). A complete list of the mountains can be found there with dates being announced around weather conditions. Additional corporate sponsorship details, information on the 501c3 non-profit organization, Sophia’s Fund, this campaign is working with and some Fast Stats will also reside there.
“This journey will be an enormous challenge, but nothing compared to what these hundreds of thousands of children and families experience each year. I will walk, run and climb with their needs as my motivation,” said Kelly Skelton. “I have not climbed 20 mountains in my entire lifetime, so this year’s goal is no easy feat. I hope other corporations will join me in this effort to stop childhood cancer. I am beginning the fundraising with a personal donation of $1,000.00. I intend to proudly summit twenty 4,000+ foot mountains this summer with the support given by the community. I hope we make a difference in this world together.”
20-5-1 campaign hikes can be followed over the next few months on twitter @FiberOpticCntr and the FOC Facebook Page. For anyone wishing to donate, specific options are at: https://focenter.com/foc-20-5-1-campaign-for-childrens-cancer-research/
FOC was founded in New Bedford, MA, USA, in “the city that lit the world” and continues the new traditions of lighting the world, through both its global business footprint and community involvement and support. The history of the city that lit the world can be found on Our Home page. For further information on the non-profit organizations and hours of volunteerism FOC supports, visit FOC Corporate Citizen: http://bit.ly/2dnUxTc
Additional resources include:
- 2018 article: FOC’s step-by-step making a difference many places
- 2018 PR: FOC 10-4 campaign
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have many customers using AngstromLap polishing film or are other brands more prevalent? - April 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: visual inspection is made easier with an automated fiberscope - April 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: no changes in fiber optic cable assembly production process, but measured IL and RL values of product aren’t as good as they were-could there be something wrong with the measurement equipment? - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. Expands Marketing Department; Joni Montemagno joins as Director Marketing Promotions - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC 20–5-1 campaign to support Children’s Cancer Research #20mtns5states1mission - April 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: in APC polishing is conical or step ferrules more expensive? - April 16, 2019
- FOC Tips: importance of controlling the amount of epoxy inside the ferrule-holder - April 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: Quick troubleshooting checklist for common APC polishing issues - April 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We have issues with crystallized epoxy: has the epoxy had “gone bad”? - April 10, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Kelly Michael Skelton as Systems Architect - April 9, 2019