New Bedford, MA, USA, February 14, 2017 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces the FOC Cleaving Station, booth 3309, at OFC 2017 with demonstrations of three key pieces of equipment: 1) Phenix Fibersect Mechanical Connector Cleaver, 2) Cometx Laser Cleaving System and 3) OptiSaber MT Laser Cleaver.
Phenix Fibersect Mechanical Connector Cleaver from Phenix Fiber Optics provides a small footprint and battery power for portability on the production floor. (http://bit.ly/24TpGzI)
Cometx from Sagitta Engineering Solutions Ltd enables efficient and quick laser cleaving of fiber/s during the connector termination process. There are four different versions including:
- Cometx-Si: For laser cleaving of single fiber connectors prior to polishing (http://bit.ly/1M7WcIf)
- Cometx-Mt: For laser cleaving of multiple and/or single fiber connectors prior to polishing (http://bit.ly/1pohqqJ)
- Cometx-Ssp: For laser cleaving of multiple and/or single fiber connectors prior to polishing to be terminated by Single Step Polishing (http://bit.ly/1WqIwbJ)
- Cometx-Bf: For laser cleaving of multiple and/or single fiber in Bare Fiber/s application (for non-physical contact connectors) (http://bit.ly/1TOmWQG)
OptiSaber MT Laser Cleaver from Domaille Engineering is a fiber forming machine that increases production yield on multi-fiber (MTP/MPO) applications and reduction in process variation associated with cracking typical of mechanical cleaving methods. (http://bit.ly/1QHFTRf)
Previously posted cleaving content from Fiber Optic Center includes:
- Technical Article: Single Step Polishing (SSP) after Laser Cleaving: http://bit.ly/1RQzp2H
- Laser vs Mechanical Cleaving MT/Single Fiber Roadshow: http://bit.ly/21XQOyv
Appointments for the FOC Cleaving Station, OFC 2017 booth 3309, can be made through Kathleen Skelton at firstname.lastname@example.org for both demos and booth presentations on ‘Termination Process, Connectors and Cleaving’. Walk-ups are also welcomed.
Solutions to be presented include end face quality reworks, core cracks, chip outs elimination, increasing production yield on multi-fiber (MTP/MPO) applications, portability on the production floor, minimizing polishing, eliminating manual cleaving and denubbing steps.
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- FOC technical solution content: http://bit.ly/29WTvgn
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: email@example.com
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: firstname.lastname@example.org