New Bedford, MA, USA, October 21, 2016 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces its sponsorship of Grumpy’s Cranberry Harvest 5K Trail Run/Walk. This year’s 5K will take place on November 5, 2016 at the AD Makepeace Company, Tihonet Road, Wareham , MA.
Registration is now open for the Grumpy’s 5K Trail Run. All proceeds go to the Cranberry Education Fund.
The official RaceWire web page for registering and further information is https://racewire.com/register.php?id=6713
The race is named for Robert “Grumpy” Conway, a 46 year employee of A.D. Makepeace Co. and a nature lover who passed away in 2010. Grumpy took photos of birds, plants, animals, endangered plants, and everything that one would find around cranberry bogs; and, used his photography as a way to teach bog owners, conservation groups, and people in general to take notice of the beauty of our area and the importance to protect that which is important to the environment.
In honor of his efforts, the race is annually set during autumn at a location where the cranberries are being harvested. Both beauty and peacefulness surround the 5K trail around the New England cranberry bog. A catered lunch follows the race.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc. is proud to support the Grumpy’s Cranberry Harvest 5K Trail Run/Walk and the Cranberry Education Fund. In addition to the sponsorship, FOC will have staff running the 5K.
FOC was founded in late 1991 in downtown New Bedford, MA, USA, a city known in the 19th Century as “the city that lit the world”. Today FOC continues the tradition of lighting the world through its international business and community support. visit: http://bit.ly/1TLwHy5
For further information on the non-profit organizations and volunteerism FOC supports, visit FOC Corporate Citizen: http://bit.ly/2dnUxTc
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the different types of standards for MT/MPO measurements using interferometry? - November 15, 2018
- FOC Tips: Passive component tester configurations - November 13, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much is enough or the right amount of epoxy in the connector? - November 12, 2018
- FOC Tips: Step two of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - November 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what causes the Apex of a radius to be imperfect, to be off-center? - November 8, 2018
- FOC Tips: Insertion Loss (IL) is the loss of power due to adding a jumper. - November 7, 2018
- FOC Tips: MT ferrule geometry measurements - November 5, 2018
- FOC Tips: contamination on the fixture prevents ferrules from protruding equal distance from the base of the fixture - November 2, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we decide which passive component tester to purchase? - November 1, 2018
- FOC Tips: Fiber Optic Connector Cross Sectioning example from “Connector A” notes - October 30, 2018