Last Updated: September 19, 2022
New Bedford, MA, USA, October 21, 2016 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces its sponsorship of Love of the Game’s Softball Bash event in partnership with UMass DifferenceMaker Program.
The Softball Bash event will be held this Sunday, October 23, 2016, 1pm at Edward A. LeLacheur Park in Lowell. The event is a free clinic (including the participation, food and parking), open to people ages 8 and above with developmental disabilities. It will be taught by UMass Lowell’s softball team. A cookout will follow the clinic with the total event running from 1 to 5 pm.
Love of the Game (LOTG ) is an entrepreneurial initiative born from fitness oriented students who believe sports should be a vehicle for positive social change. This community outreach program, started by UMass Lowell students, creates, manages and executes sporting events that cater to individuals with developmental disabilities. With a focus is on school spirit and enthusiasm from college athlete volunteers, their goal is to provide a fun, memorable experience for both participants and volunteers.
Future events include Spring Soccer Clinic and Volleyball Clinic. Previous events included a floor hockey clinic and scrimmage with the help of UML’s Women’s Varsity Field Hockey and Women’s Club Ice Hockey teams.
The concept of Love of the Game was evolved, refined, and funded upon fruition by The University of Massachusetts - Lowell’s DifferenceMaker program.
DifferenceMaker, working through the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and various faculty of UMass, provides an environment for ideas to cultivate and grow. Activities and resources are provided by DifferenceMaker to help students understand how they can make their idea a reality and a force to make a difference. DifferenceMaker program provides students with resources to secure funding, mentors, workspace, and many more tools to help them get their innovation off the ground and garner support for their project in a positive and entrepreneurial environment.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc. is a supporter of all business innovation and entrepreneurship and proud to support the Love of the Game’s Softball Bash event in partnership with UMass DifferenceMaker Program.
FOC was founded in late 1991 in downtown New Bedford, MA, USA, a city known in the 19th Century as “the city that lit the world”.
Today FOC continues the tradition of lighting the world through its international business and community support. To learn more, visit: http://bit.ly/1TLwHy5
- For more information on LOTG, visit www.facebook.com/LOTGSports/ or contact email@example.com
- For more information on the UMass DifferenceMaker Program, visit: http://blogs.uml.edu/differencemaker/about/
- For further information on the non-profit organizations and hours of volunteerism FOC supports, visit FOC Corporate Citizen: http://bit.ly/2dnUxTc
- For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
- Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com