New Bedford, MA, USA, October 21, 2016 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces its sponsorship of Love of the Game’s Softball Bash event in partnership with UMass DifferenceMaker Program.
The Softball Bash event will be held this Sunday, October 23, 2016, 1pm at Edward A. LeLacheur Park in Lowell. The event is a free clinic (including the participation, food and parking), open to people ages 8 and above with developmental disabilities. It will be taught by UMass Lowell’s softball team. A cookout will follow the clinic with the total event running from 1 to 5 pm.
Love of the Game (LOTG ) is an entrepreneurial initiative born from fitness oriented students who believe sports should be a vehicle for positive social change. This community outreach program, started by UMass Lowell students, creates, manages and executes sporting events that cater to individuals with developmental disabilities. With a focus is on school spirit and enthusiasm from college athlete volunteers, their goal is to provide a fun, memorable experience for both participants and volunteers.
Future events include Spring Soccer Clinic and Volleyball Clinic. Previous events included a floor hockey clinic and scrimmage with the help of UML’s Women’s Varsity Field Hockey and Women’s Club Ice Hockey teams.
The concept of Love of the Game was evolved, refined, and funded upon fruition by The University of Massachusetts - Lowell’s DifferenceMaker program.
DifferenceMaker, working through the Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and various faculty of UMass, provides an environment for ideas to cultivate and grow. Activities and resources are provided by DifferenceMaker to help students understand how they can make their idea a reality and a force to make a difference. DifferenceMaker program provides students with resources to secure funding, mentors, workspace, and many more tools to help them get their innovation off the ground and garner support for their project in a positive and entrepreneurial environment.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc. is a supporter of all business innovation and entrepreneurship and proud to support the Love of the Game’s Softball Bash event in partnership with UMass DifferenceMaker Program.
FOC was founded in late 1991 in downtown New Bedford, MA, USA, a city known in the 19th Century as “the city that lit the world”.
Today FOC continues the tradition of lighting the world through its international business and community support. To learn more, visit: http://bit.ly/1TLwHy5
- For more information on LOTG, visit www.facebook.com/LOTGSports/ or contact email@example.com
- For more information on the UMass DifferenceMaker Program, visit: http://blogs.uml.edu/differencemaker/about/
For further information on the non-profit organizations and hours of volunteerism FOC supports, visit FOC Corporate Citizen: http://bit.ly/2dnUxTc
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc., announces Ben Waite as presenter at the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 10, 2019
- Network experts from Verizon and Microsoft join the world’s leading fiber companies for the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 1, 2019
- FOC announces presentation, paper and tutorials on latest industry products at International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) 2019 - September 29, 2019
- New FOC Website and Expanded Technical Resource Centers Launch at ECOC 2019 announced - September 23, 2019
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019
- Cable Connector Market Share 2019 Overview by Type, Emerging Growth Factors, Sales Analysis, Future Scope, Leading Manufacturers and Forecast 2024 - August 29, 2019
- Dymax Corporation Recognized by Inc. 5000 Ranked in Top 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. - August 20, 2019
- Domaille 5300 Polishing Machine Video Released - August 10, 2019
- Polymers Market Industry review and forecasts 2019-2027 - August 10, 2019
- New and emerging cabling standards from the TIA - August 9, 2019