New Bedford, MA, USA, May 8, 2018 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces ÅngströmBond Solutions Center.
With many new Large Effective Area Fibers being independently developed by many manufacturers, having a connectivity components partner with expertise on how the epoxy can affect the fiber in any of the types of ferrules in use today is critical. The ÅngströmBond Solutions Center will provide this epoxy expertise through technical content, best practices, weekly tips and a dedicated adhesives expert, Kelly Barker.
FOC helps customers make the best cable assemblies in the world. This is accomplished by partnering with a variety of industry leading manufacturers to offer the best equipment and consumables used in each step of the cable assembly process. At the epoxy step, FOC developed ÅngströmBond, the only specialty adhesive line developed exclusively for Fiber Optics. The ÅngströmBond Solutions Center will meet Individual customer needs by offering specialty stock materials or high-tech custom epoxies in custom package sizes. One featured adhesive solution is the ÅngströmBond 9123 product which successfully passes GR-326 testing and Telcordia specifications.
ÅngströmBond 9123 is a low viscosity, rapid curing two-part epoxy adhesive. It is designed for bonding and potting optical connectors, fibers, lenses, prisms and other optical components. It’s recommended for single fiber, single mode terminations, and if using a ramp cure schedule, is also an excellent choice for multi-mode terminations. This high-strength epoxy has been engineered to have a high Tg and exhibits lower fiber pistoning properties over other epoxies. It has excellent temperature cycling capabilities and will withstand high humidity environments.
The online version of ÅngströmBond Solutions Center can be found at: https://focenter.com/angstrombond/.
Included with the ÅngströmBond Solutions Center resources, is an affordable process to qualify ÅngströmBond as a new adhesive supplier. With proprietary chemistries, a dynamic product line, leading customer support and staff with technical depth and experience, ÅngströmBond can support a requalification effort to save time and money.
For questions and to find out ways to improve reliability and performance, save time and money and find the product that best suits your specific application, contact Kelly Barker, Technical Manager for Epoxies at FOC directly at 508-264-5600 or email: KBarker@focenter.com
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: email@example.com
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOC Tips: available supply of specialty connectors has a positive impact on those considering using non-standard fiber sizes - March 21, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is bond line thickness important? - March 19, 2019
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects – steps for sanding your 3D printing project - March 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why has connectivity become so important? - March 14, 2019
- FOC Tips: on epoxy curing - March 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Since cleanliness counts, how can I improve my epoxy work surface? - March 12, 2019
- FOC Tips: To accurately measure IL/RL, using a high-quality tester is imperative - March 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Which package size of epoxy is right for my process? - March 7, 2019
- FOC Tips: Cross-sectioning is an effective diagnostic tool - March 6, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We are considering using) MT thermoset or thermoplastic ferrules in our cable assemblies. What do we need to know before deciding? - March 5, 2019