New Bedford, MA, USA, August 10, 2016 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces the fibersect™ from Phenix Fiber Optics for demo at ECOC 2016, stand 706, in Düsseldorf, Germany September 19-21, 2016. The fibersect™ rapidly removes the epoxy from the face of the MT ferrule during MTP/MPO connector processing.
For an appointment to view demo at ECOC, please contact Kathleen Skelton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fibersect™ (http://bit.ly/24TpGzI) quickly cuts off the epoxy from the face of all MT ferrules (4, 8, 12, 16, 24, 48, and 72 fibers) during MTP/MPO connector processing. The resulting flat cut, very close to the ferrule face, presents the ideal surface for polishing, and markedly improves end face geometry. There are improvements throughput and first pass yield by eliminating manual steps and minimizing polishing, resulting in significant savings in production. Adapters can be switched to cut either 0° (flat) or 8° angled MT ferrules and other adapters are available to cut all single fiber ferrules and connectors. The small footprint and battery power of the fibersect provides exceptional portability and ease of use in the production environment.
The fibersect™ advantages include:
- cuts all MT ferrules, 4 to 72 fibers
- cuts flat
- one button solution
- superior end face geometry
- palm size portability
- no core cracks
- battery powered
- no more hand cleaving
- no more denubbing
- no more air polishing
- a fraction of the laser cost
- savings in production
The simplicity is in a three step process. STEP ONE: Insert the ferrule in the slot, STEP TWO: Press the red button to start the cut, and STEP THREE: Cut is completed.
The field of fiber optics has evolved dramatically over the past 40 years, and Roger Robichaud, founder of Phenix Fiber Optics, has been a pioneer in this evolution. In 1978 he founded Orionics, the original manufacturer of fusion splicers and OTDRs in the United States. Phenix Fiber Optics was created in 2005 to pursue research in fiber instrumentation to address the advancing needs of today’s industry. The fibersect™, the newest instrument, exemplifies the achievement of these goals. It provides a faster, simpler, safer and environmentally sound method of cutting multi-fiber ferrules.
Technical questions on the fibersect™ can be asked to the FOC team at 800-473-4237.
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- FOC technical solution content: http://bit.ly/29WTvgn
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: email@example.com
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What documentation have you published on how operators can better meet design goals? - January 29, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Chemical level changes in gas delivery system bubbling process - January 19, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Specialty optical preforms strength and deposition issues - January 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We are experiencing chemical level drops in our chemical bubbler. Is this a temperature issue or should we be focusing on other variables? - January 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We are having issues with shrinkage and are focusing on the polish step. Looking for some steps, best practices, solutions, etc. - January 4, 2018
- FOC Marketing Tip 12: Social Media Navigation - December 22, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 11: Business Development: An Honest Conversation - December 21, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 10: Product Inventory Management and a quick snapshot…. - December 20, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 9: Trade Show Strategy Revisited - December 19, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 8: The Roles of a Marketing Team - December 18, 2017