New Bedford, MA, USA, August 10, 2016 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces the fibersect™ from Phenix Fiber Optics for demo at ECOC 2016, stand 706, in Düsseldorf, Germany September 19-21, 2016. The fibersect™ rapidly removes the epoxy from the face of the MT ferrule during MTP/MPO connector processing.
For an appointment to view demo at ECOC, please contact Kathleen Skelton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The fibersect™ (http://bit.ly/24TpGzI) quickly cuts off the epoxy from the face of all MT ferrules (4, 8, 12, 16, 24, 48, and 72 fibers) during MTP/MPO connector processing. The resulting flat cut, very close to the ferrule face, presents the ideal surface for polishing, and markedly improves end face geometry. There are improvements throughput and first pass yield by eliminating manual steps and minimizing polishing, resulting in significant savings in production. Adapters can be switched to cut either 0° (flat) or 8° angled MT ferrules and other adapters are available to cut all single fiber ferrules and connectors. The small footprint and battery power of the fibersect provides exceptional portability and ease of use in the production environment.
The fibersect™ advantages include:
- cuts all MT ferrules, 4 to 72 fibers
- cuts flat
- one button solution
- superior end face geometry
- palm size portability
- no core cracks
- battery powered
- no more hand cleaving
- no more denubbing
- no more air polishing
- a fraction of the laser cost
- savings in production
The simplicity is in a three step process. STEP ONE: Insert the ferrule in the slot, STEP TWO: Press the red button to start the cut, and STEP THREE: Cut is completed.
The field of fiber optics has evolved dramatically over the past 40 years, and Roger Robichaud, founder of Phenix Fiber Optics, has been a pioneer in this evolution. In 1978 he founded Orionics, the original manufacturer of fusion splicers and OTDRs in the United States. Phenix Fiber Optics was created in 2005 to pursue research in fiber instrumentation to address the advancing needs of today’s industry. The fibersect™, the newest instrument, exemplifies the achievement of these goals. It provides a faster, simpler, safer and environmentally sound method of cutting multi-fiber ferrules.
Technical questions on the fibersect™ can be asked to the FOC team at 800-473-4237.
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- FOC technical solution content: http://bit.ly/29WTvgn
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: email@example.com
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How do I measure the concentricity of, or tune, an APC connector? - November 27, 2017
- From the Industry: End Supply Chain Friction By Changing This One Thing About Your Quality Control Process… - November 16, 2017
- From the Industry: Study by Lockheed, Cinch, and FiberQA to be Presented during AVFOP 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Can you use expired epoxy? - November 1, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Determining minor or normal slight binder indentation on buffer tubes - October 16, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. introduces Viavi FiberChek Sidewinder, first fully autonomous handheld inspection and analysis solution for multifiber connectors - October 10, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the promotion of William Sorell to Shipping Supervisor - October 5, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Where does dust based end face contamination come from? - August 16, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the highest capacity fiber count an OCETS can handle? - August 9, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is it important to clean both ends of the connector pair? - August 8, 2017