New Bedford, MA, USA, November 18, 2016 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces the addition of the US Conec IBC™ Brand Ferrule Cleaner MTP-16™ and IBC™ Brand Ferrule Cleaner PRIZM® MT / MXC to their extensive cable assembly lines options.
The International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) created Standard 61300-3-35, which provides guidelines about the size and amount of dirt and contamination for single and multi-fiber end-faces and also specifies both the pass/fail requirements for endface quality and a process to verify the connector meets these requirements.
When it comes to fiber installations, cleanliness is the key to success. There are solutions to ensure that clean fibers will provide clean connections. Prevention is that simple. Cleaning saves time and money.
IBC™ Brand Ferrule Cleaner MTP-16™
IBC™ Brand Cleaner MTP-16™ is a multifiber cleaner which cleans MTP-16™, TIA-604-5 compliant MPO connectors only. This cleaner can be used to clean both flat and angled MTP-16™ ferrules.
Part #: 17669
IBC™ Brand Ferrule Cleaner PRIZM® MT / MXC
The PRIZM® MT cleaning tool is designed specifically for use with US Conec’s PRIZM® MT lensed ferrule technology. The simple push style cleans bulkhead-mounted MXC® receptacles and has a guide cap to clean the cabled MXC plugs.
Part #: 15990
The FOC website offers, on each product page, the resource US ConecTechnical Note on Two-Row Singlemode Ferrule Y-offset and 20N Spring Force. Quick Link: http://bit.ly/2f7Tdjr
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- FOC technical solution content: http://bit.ly/29WTvgn
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: some patch cords show ‘gain’ so how can this be possible, is there something wrong with the instrument? - March 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: available supply of specialty connectors has a positive impact on those considering using non-standard fiber sizes - March 21, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is bond line thickness important? - March 19, 2019
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects – steps for sanding your 3D printing project - March 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why has connectivity become so important? - March 14, 2019
- FOC Tips: on epoxy curing - March 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Since cleanliness counts, how can I improve my epoxy work surface? - March 12, 2019
- FOC Tips: To accurately measure IL/RL, using a high-quality tester is imperative - March 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Which package size of epoxy is right for my process? - March 7, 2019
- FOC Tips: Cross-sectioning is an effective diagnostic tool - March 6, 2019