New Bedford, MA, USA, April 25, 2019 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world with Community Boating Center (CBC) announces on Friday, April 26th, Clean Ocean Access (COA) in partnership with Community Boating Center will hold a press event announcing the launch of the Port of New Bedford Marina Trash Skimmer located in the Port of New Bedford. The installation in New Bedford marks the expansion of the innovative marina trash skimmer technology in the top fishing port in the country, followed by Alaska, with the goal to eliminate marine debris and improve coastal water quality in southeast New England.
The Port of New Bedford Marina Trash Skimmer is part of the Southeast New England Marina Trash Skimmer program, a multi-year initiative funded by 11th Hour Racing that seeks to improve the health of southern New England’s harbors and marinas frequented by thousands of residents and visited by tens of thousands of tourists annually Floating marine debris not only presents a nuisance to recreational and commercial vessels, it also impairs water quality and degrades marine habitat and ecosystems that are critical to New Bedford’s coastal community. Education and outreach efforts to engage the broader New Bedford community through the marina trash skimmer program are made possible by funding from the Amgen Foundation and the Island Foundation.
The Southeast New England Marina Trash Skimmer program builds on COA’s proven success with two trash skimmer installations in Newport Harbor in partnership with the City of Newport (2016), one in Portsmouth in partnership with New England Boatworks, and one at Fort Adams State Park in partnership with Sail Newport (2017). Since launching in 2016, the four COA-operated marina trash skimmers on Aquidneck Island have removed over 20,000 pounds of marine debris and 27,000 individual items of litter from local waterways over the course of 166 site visits. This spring 2019, COA will deploy three units in southeast New England, including the installation in New Bedford in partnership with the New Bedford Port Authority and Community Boating Center. The press event on April 26th at 10:00AM will be followed by marina trash skimmer tours that are open to the public.
WHAT: Port of New Bedford Marina Trash Skimmer Press Event
WHO: 11th Hour Racing, Clean Ocean Access, Community Boating Center, and New Bedford Port Authority
WHEN: Friday, April 26th, 2019 10:00AM
WHERE: State Pier 3, 52 Fisherman’s Wharf New Bedford, MA 02740
About Clean Ocean Access: Since 2006 our mission is action today so future generations can enjoy ocean activities, with an primary focus on Aquidneck Island. Living on Aquidneck Island defines a coastally inspired life; so our cause of working for clean beaches, healthy oceans, safe swimming water, and public access of the shoreline is what we do, all year long. We are a tax-exempt not-for- profit organization, learn more at www.cleanoceanaccess.org.
About Community Boating Center: Community Boating Center (CBC) is dedicated to enriching the lives of local youth by connecting them with mentors and exposing them to a new and challenging environment built upon a foundation of trust and respect. In addition to the summer youth program, CBC offers family and adult lessons, power-boating instruction, our Fall and Spring Sailing into Knowledge program, based on REACH, US Sailing’s STEM education program and our boat and model boat building in the Winter. To learn more about CBC programs, visit www.communityboating.org
FOC was founded in New Bedford, MA, USA, in “the city that lit the world” and continues the new traditions of lighting the world, through both its global business footprint and community involvement and support. The history of the city that lit the world can be found on Our Home page. For further information on the non-profit organizations and hours of volunteerism FOC supports, visit FOC Corporate Citizen: http://bit.ly/2dnUxTc
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: email@example.com
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc., announces Ben Waite as presenter at the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 10, 2019
- Network experts from Verizon and Microsoft join the world’s leading fiber companies for the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 1, 2019
- FOC announces presentation, paper and tutorials on latest industry products at International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) 2019 - September 29, 2019
- New FOC Website and Expanded Technical Resource Centers Launch at ECOC 2019 announced - September 23, 2019
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019
- Cable Connector Market Share 2019 Overview by Type, Emerging Growth Factors, Sales Analysis, Future Scope, Leading Manufacturers and Forecast 2024 - August 29, 2019
- Dymax Corporation Recognized by Inc. 5000 Ranked in Top 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. - August 20, 2019
- Domaille 5300 Polishing Machine Video Released - August 10, 2019
- Polymers Market Industry review and forecasts 2019-2027 - August 10, 2019
- New and emerging cabling standards from the TIA - August 9, 2019