We need to make short fiber with the coating removed in certain sections. Some coatings are hard to remove. Are there automated solutions for that?
We work with 3SAE Technologies who has designed and manufactured a wide range of high performance fiber optic stripping tools for optical fiber coating removal, providing the most advanced line of high strength thermal mechanical strippers, non-contact high strength fiber optic strippers and the industry’s only diameter adjustable thermal fiber stripper.
With several patents for fiber optic stripping, such as Burst™ Technology and the Ring of Fire®, 3SAE’s state-of-the-art non-contact, chemical free coating removal solutions are ideal for the end stripping and mid-span window stripping of optical fiber coatings such as acrylate, PVC, polyimide, carbon, and gold.
The FOC Factory Fiber Processingstep focuses on industry standard equipment selection supporting many of the above challenges. Please consult one of our technical experts at Fiber Optic Center for further information.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team September 5, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – THAWING - November 13, 2019
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it - October 23, 2019
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurement - October 23, 2019
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues - October 23, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - October 23, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – recommended length of time - October 23, 2019
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019