THE FOC DIFFERENCE
FOC may be the only company in the world that sells and delivers every piece of equipment needed for the automated production of fiber optic cable assemblies, also called patch cords: cable cutting and fiber stripping equipment, metered epoxy dispensing systems and curing ovens, laser cleaving systems, polishing machines and plates, and instruments for all three kinds of testing: interferometer for geometry, microscopes and software for visual inspection, and sources, power meters and switches for insertion loss and back-reflection (bi-directionally if required).
FOC also carries all of the hand tools as well as consumables needed for production and testing: epoxy, polishing films, cleaning supplies and cassettes.
“One extremely important item missing from the distribution details is the know-how, the actual procedures and processes that go with each piece of equipment… that is the FOC difference”
The FOC Technical Team and Support
is the difference between hitting the ground running and shipping product or missing and not knowing what change is needed to make a quality product.
The difference between hitting the ground running and shipping product once the equipment is set up and in operation, or missing and having to figure out what needs to change in order to make a quality product and doing it right the second, third, fourth or more time, is major. Losses include connectors and cable; epoxy and polishing film and other consumables; labor; and equipment that is being depreciated but not producing income. Missed deliveries and returned product usually result in a loss of confidence on the part of the customer, or worse: the loss of the order and maybe the customer.
Who We Are…
Fiber Optic Center stocks a wide range of fiber-related and other high technology items.
Like many companies that thrive over a number of years, we have carved out several areas of specialization and expertise for which we are known as the industry leader.
Many catalog items can be purchased from other suppliers, but a number of important factors make us the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals.
These include, but are not limited to:
- Industry-leading customer service aimed at making the business part of high tech as friendly and painless as possible in part by stocking all the items you need for cable assembly production.
- Not only do we partner with our customers, we partner with our manufacturers. Our prices should never be higher than them; doing business with us should never cost you more. In purchasing through FOC you pay the same, but gain invaluable on-site and remote technical and customer support. You gain another partner.
- For Over 34 years we’ve been locating components, materials, equipment and supplies; We know what is available and where to get it, even if it’s not already a stock item. Let us be your sourcing partner.
- Our tenacious emphasis of offering only the highest quality products that have superior value, as opposed to selling lesser quality, cheaper alternatives and knock-offs, which, more likely than not, result in a greater need for reworks, missed delivery schedules, repair/upkeep costs, etc.
- We offer the most advanced suite of fully automated and semi-automated polishing and termination equipment for fiber and cables, much of it (such as the Sagitta Comet and Phenix Optix Fibersect) available exclusively from Fiber Optic Center.
- We have the world’s largest inventory of custom-hole-size SMA and other connectors, for use with large core fiber, with over 40 different hole sizes in stock.
- Decades of practical cable assembly production experience by our technical experts who work daily with our customers improving their processes. We do not produce cable assemblies in-house, although our traveling technical personnel have set up termination lines throughout North, Central and South America, as well as several locations in the Far East, Eastern and Western Europe, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Availability of adhesives, and specialty and optical monomers, oligomers, and polymers, in custom viscosities, colors, packaging and other features.
- Over thirty years as North American sales agent for SG Controls of Cambridge, England, the leading manufacturer of specialty fiber making equipment and systems. We are one of very few companies worldwide who can provide full turnkey optical fiber manufacturing facilities for specialty fiber, as well as standard telecommunication fibers. Specialty fiber companies, U.S. government and military research labs, and universities, have turned to SG Controls and Fiber Optic Center, because together, we provide the best combination of quality equipment, setup and subsequent support.
- Emphasis on specialty applications, such as medical, spectroscopy, laser delivery, industrial, sensing, oil and gas, broadcasting, military and research, as well as telecom, Datacom, CATV, FTTA and FTTH.
“Assuming the equipment is sufficient to make quality assemblies, it is the process that determines whether the cable assemblies produced on this equipment meet your specifications and are shipped on time to your customer, or if they require re-work or even worse, scrapping and starting over.”