Since 2002 and well past the discontinuation of Ericsson’s Fusion Splicer Line in 2006, 3SAE Technologies has provided support for Ericsson splicers as the only authorized North American Ericsson Service Center. After 17 years of reliable service, the Ericsson Fusion Splicer has finally reached its global end of life due to lack of spare parts and excessive age of the equipment. As a result, 3SAE Technologies will no longer be providing Ericsson equipment support.
For our customers with Ericsson fusion splicers currently operating in a manufacturing environment, please contact us for planned discontinuation and transition support.
For all other Ericsson splicers, please note our discontinuation schedule worldwide:
- Service and Repair: Discontinued immediately.
- Spare Parts and Accessories:Discontinued immediately.
- Consumables: Limited availability, please contact 3SAE for details.
With the market’s limited choices in specialty fusion splicing equipment, 3SAE made a strategic decision to prolong the service and support of Ericsson until a suitable replacement became available. That time has arrived.
Furukawa Electric Co. has just released a new break-through design in specialty fusion splicers that can meet the market’s demands in specialty fusion splicing — and do so at a more affordable price point. We are pleased to offer what is now the industry’s newest and most compact specialty fusion splicer line — the FITEL S185 series. This new design began as a collaborative effort with Furukawa Electric and leveraging 3SAE and global customer feedback. The result is a reliable, lower-cost, compact fusion splicer that is the ideal replacement for the Ericsson fusion splicer.
The FITEL S185 is available in PM, Non-PM High Strength and Large Diameter Fiber models delivering exacting precision and low splice loss in a compact unit half the size of conventional models — all at a better price.
As with the Ericsson product line, 3SAE is offering turnkey sales, service, support, and training for the complete line of FITEL S185 products and accessories.
Founded in 2001, 3SAE Technologies designs, manufactures and distributes turnkey glass processing and fusion splicing systems. We’ve been a proud technology partner of Furukawa Electric Co. for over 13 years.
Please contact 3SAE Technologies if you have any questions regarding the Ericsson splicer discontinuation or if you are interested in learning more about FITEL S185 fusion splicers.
Don Grasso,Chief Executive Officer
3SAE Technologies, Inc.
416 Mary Lindsay Polk Dr, Suite 511, Franklin, TN 37067
Phone: 615-778-8812, Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019
- Cable Connector Market Share 2019 Overview by Type, Emerging Growth Factors, Sales Analysis, Future Scope, Leading Manufacturers and Forecast 2024 - August 29, 2019
- Dymax Corporation Recognized by Inc. 5000 Ranked in Top 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. - August 20, 2019
- Domaille 5300 Polishing Machine Video Released - August 10, 2019
- Polymers Market Industry review and forecasts 2019-2027 - August 10, 2019
- New and emerging cabling standards from the TIA - August 9, 2019
- Fiber Optics Market Size, Share and Trends 2019 - August 9, 2019
- Larry Donalds to present MCVD Tips to enhance preform strength, yield, and reproducibility at ECOC 2019 - August 2, 2019
- AngstromLink Resource Center for OKP Optical Plastic Series at ECOC 2019 announced - July 24, 2019
- Technavio market research report on the global cable assembly market from 2019-2023 - July 10, 2019