helping our customers make the best cable assemblies in the world
FEATURED TECHNICAL ARTICLE LIBRARY
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurements
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it
- Adding color, pigment to UV curable coatings
- Does epoxy cause core cracking? Tips to identify and prevent this phenomenon
- A call to action: Automation in the connector assembly process is an essential next step for fiber optic connectivity
- MCVD Tips: 14 ideas to enhance preform strength, yield, and reproducibility
- MCVD Options: These add-on features can enhance your optical fiber preform strength, yield, and reproducibility
- Controlling the optical fiber preform deposition process
- Preparing to Manufacture an Optical Fiber Preform
- Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms
- Comparing the 2 types of MCVD gas delivery systems to manufacture optical preforms: Stainless steel and Teflon/glass
- Attention specialty fiber manufacturers: Take advantage of FOC’s preform fabrication consulting to troubleshoot your system and achieve reproducibility and high yields
- Bonding Optical Fiber to the Ceramic Ferrule Part 3: Best practices to validate your epoxy curing schedule
- Proper crimping techniques are critical when terminating fiber optic connectors
- FOC Marketing Tip 12: Social Media Navigation
- FOC Marketing Tip 11: Business Development: An Honest Conversation
- FOC Marketing Tip 10: Product Inventory Management and a quick snapshot….
- FOC Marketing Tip 9: Trade Show Strategy Revisited
- FOC Marketing Tip 8: The Roles of a Marketing Team
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the ÅngströmBond Solutions Center to provide the industry with epoxy technical solutions and products
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. introduces Viavi FiberChek Sidewinder, first fully autonomous handheld inspection and analysis solution for multifiber connectors
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the promotion of William Sorell to Shipping Supervisor
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Larry Donalds as Business Development, Fiber Design and Manufacturing, Technical Sales
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. introduces High Refractive Index Coating for Optoelectronics, LEDs, Emissive displays, AL-2264
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC Cleaving Station with demonstration at ECOC 2017
- Press Release: International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) Elects Ben Waite to Board of Directors
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC Cleaving Station with demonstrations and presentations at OFC 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Marcel Buijs joins EMEA Technical Business Development Team
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces BiOS and Photonics West 2017 Line Up
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: are there Standards on the amount of contamination for multi-fiber end-faces?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where can I get a little bit of Teflon?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: contamination of fixture affecting precision
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: is there a way to avoid wasted epoxy?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the key differences between copper and glass optical fiber we need to be aware of?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: for cleaning of polishing fixtures, is an ultrasonic bath or other solutions recommended?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do you get a two-part epoxy to achieve its maximum cured bonding properties?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what is the solution to mixing material and avoiding bubbles?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what is an example of micro imprinting?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: are the choice of epoxies critically important and if so, why?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: is homemade pre-mixed and frozen epoxy real?
From The Industry News
- From the Industry: End Supply Chain Friction By Changing This One Thing About Your Quality Control Process…
- From the Industry: Study by Lockheed, Cinch, and FiberQA to be Presented during AVFOP 2017
- From the Industry: AFL Attains ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- From the Industry: Light Brigade Offering Fiber Optics 1-2-3 Training Course In New Bedford, MA
- From the Industry: Viavi Solutions introduces the market’s most compact OTDR solution for DWDM or Hybrid CWDM/DWDM network testing
- From the Industry: Hengtong USA, LLC announced at OFC 2017 — a collaboration between Hengtong Cable Group and Inland Energy Inc.
- From the Industry: IWCS Seeks Abstracts for 2017 Symposium
- From the Industry: Viavi Introduces the ability to intuitively eliminate OTDR complexities and ensure network quality
- From the Industry: AFL Awarded Five Technology Patents
- From the Industry: OFC Announces 2017 Technical Program
- From the Industry: Viavi Introduces CERTiFi Cloud-Based Workflow Tailored for Enterprise Test and Certification
- From the Industry: AFL Launches Rogue® and aeRos® Modular Test Platform
- From the Industry: Optical Communications & Networking Technologies Anchor OFC 2017 Conference Program
- From the Industry: Light Brigade Adds Two Fiber Optic Design and Engineering Courses
FOC Published Media
For more information, visit FOC Our Home page here
FOC Corporate Citizen News
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Fiber Month at New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! Sponsorship March 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces sponsorship of Love of the Game in partnership with UMass DifferenceMaker Program
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces sponsorship of Grumpy’s Cranberry Harvest 5K Trail Run/Walk
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces continued support of The Buttonwood Park Zoological Society
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center announces Neal Weiss honored by NBAM/ArtWorks! Patron of the Arts
- Fiber Optic Center Article: Fiber Optic Center was proud to support the TE Connectivity team, in their quest to fight cancer, in this year’s Alpe d’HuZes event
- Fiber Optic Center Random Acts of Kindness: DeMello/Cushman School PTO Support
Top Resource Topics:
- MT Ferrule Geometry Specifications: Minus-Side Coplanarity in IEC 61755-3-31:2015
- Why do fiber optic connectors fail? Cross-sectioning offers a view inside connectors – and insight into why they fail
- How to Develop a Fiber Optic Polishing Process that Produces Consistent Results
- What is the Ideal Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector?
- Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
- Crystallization in Epoxies: Steps for You to Spot it – and Fix It.
- Ideas to adjust your epoxy process: Recommendations to reduce waste (and save money) in your fiber optic cable assembly process
- Which passive component tester to purchase? Start by answering 7 basic questions to get correctly configured fiber optic test equipment
FOC’s Partnership with Technical Horsepower Consulting
Consulting and Training Topics:
- Cablers: Advice to efficiently reconfigure fiber optic process lines for add-on products – without resulting in suboptimized products
- Cablers: Are you looking to work with specialty cables or furcation tubes? If so, here are key points to consider.
- Advice for raw material suppliers planning to sell to the optical cable industry: 4 points to consider – and pitfalls to avoid
- Advice for Cable Manufacturers Looking to Enter the US Fiber Optic Market
- Buying used vs. new equipment: challenges in optical cable manufacture and new extrusion line business
- So You Want To Start a Cable Company or Add a Cable Making Division?