helping our customers make the best cable assemblies in the world
FEATURED TECHNICAL ARTICLE LIBRARY
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurements
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it
- Bonding Optical Fiber to the Ceramic Ferrule Part 1: Best practices for epoxy preparation and dispensing
- Introduction to Fiber Optic Cable Assembly Manufacturing Part 1: Components of the fiber optic patch cord and optic fiber geometry
- Polishing FAQs: What to do (and what NOT to do) in your fiber optic cable assembly polishing process
- Our Shipping Department ensures FOC is a sourcing partner that delivers. Bonus: You reduce inventory costs.
- Proper Care of Polishing Fixtures for Optical Fiber Polishing Machines
- The Glass Transition in Epoxies
- Why Do Scratches Appear After Using the Final Film?
- Insertion Loss Troubleshooting Tip: Singlemode 1310 vs. 1550
- Keeping with the Founder’s Vision
- FOC 5 Core Principles of Customer Service
- Fiber optic cable specifications: With so many specs, which ones should you qualify to?
- Optical cable measurements: Why don’t OTDR and jacket length markings agree?
- Why isn’t there one standard polishing procedure?
- FOC’s vintage sign at 23 Centre Street: Honoring history, restoration and new beginnings
- Why use AngstromLap lapping film over other manufacturers?
- Test cables don’t last forever: How to assess quality, condition, usage limit, and replacement schedule
- APC Polishing Advice to Improve Apex Offset and Angle Measurements
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. introduces Viavi FiberChek Sidewinder, first fully autonomous handheld inspection and analysis solution for multifiber connectors
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the promotion of William Sorell to Shipping Supervisor
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Larry Donalds as Business Development, Fiber Design and Manufacturing, Technical Sales
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. introduces High Refractive Index Coating for Optoelectronics, LEDs, Emissive displays, AL-2264
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC Cleaving Station with demonstration at ECOC 2017
- Press Release: International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) Elects Ben Waite to Board of Directors
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC Cleaving Station with demonstrations and presentations at OFC 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Marcel Buijs joins EMEA Technical Business Development Team
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces BiOS and Photonics West 2017 Line Up
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the promotion of Michael Thorpe to Manager of Customer Service Department
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Can you use expired epoxy?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Determining minor or normal slight binder indentation on buffer tubes
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Where does dust based end face contamination come from?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the highest capacity fiber count an OCETS can handle?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is it important to clean both ends of the connector pair?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How residue based contamination cause signal loss between a mated connector pair?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What happens if there are dust particles on one of the connector end faces during the connector mating process?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: OCETS: How do I configure the software to work with the chamber?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How dust based contamination cause signal loss between a mated connector pair?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How does an electrostatic charge get onto a fiber optic ferrule and how does that create contamination issues?
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why do I need to clean my fiber optic connectors before mating?
From The Industry News
- From the Industry: End Supply Chain Friction By Changing This One Thing About Your Quality Control Process…
- From the Industry: Study by Lockheed, Cinch, and FiberQA to be Presented during AVFOP 2017
- From the Industry: AFL Attains ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- From the Industry: Light Brigade Offering Fiber Optics 1-2-3 Training Course In New Bedford, MA
- From the Industry: Viavi Solutions introduces the market’s most compact OTDR solution for DWDM or Hybrid CWDM/DWDM network testing
- From the Industry: Hengtong USA, LLC announced at OFC 2017 — a collaboration between Hengtong Cable Group and Inland Energy Inc.
- From the Industry: IWCS Seeks Abstracts for 2017 Symposium
- From the Industry: Viavi Introduces the ability to intuitively eliminate OTDR complexities and ensure network quality
- From the Industry: AFL Awarded Five Technology Patents
- From the Industry: OFC Announces 2017 Technical Program
- From the Industry: Viavi Introduces CERTiFi Cloud-Based Workflow Tailored for Enterprise Test and Certification
- From the Industry: AFL Launches Rogue® and aeRos® Modular Test Platform
- From the Industry: Optical Communications & Networking Technologies Anchor OFC 2017 Conference Program
- From the Industry: Light Brigade Adds Two Fiber Optic Design and Engineering Courses
FOC Published Media
For more information, visit FOC Our Home page here
FOC Corporate Citizen News
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Fiber Month at New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! Sponsorship March 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces sponsorship of Love of the Game in partnership with UMass DifferenceMaker Program
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces sponsorship of Grumpy’s Cranberry Harvest 5K Trail Run/Walk
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces continued support of The Buttonwood Park Zoological Society
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center announces Neal Weiss honored by NBAM/ArtWorks! Patron of the Arts
- Fiber Optic Center Article: Fiber Optic Center was proud to support the TE Connectivity team, in their quest to fight cancer, in this year’s Alpe d’HuZes event
- Fiber Optic Center Random Acts of Kindness: DeMello/Cushman School PTO Support
Top Resource Topics:
- MT Ferrule Geometry Specifications: Minus-Side Coplanarity in IEC 61755-3-31:2015
- Why do fiber optic connectors fail? Cross-sectioning offers a view inside connectors – and insight into why they fail
- How to Develop a Fiber Optic Polishing Process that Produces Consistent Results
- What is the Ideal Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector?
- Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
- Crystallization in Epoxies: Steps for You to Spot it – and Fix It.
- Ideas to adjust your epoxy process: Recommendations to reduce waste (and save money) in your fiber optic cable assembly process
- Which passive component tester to purchase? Start by answering 7 basic questions to get correctly configured fiber optic test equipment
FOC’s Partnership with Technical Horsepower Consulting
Consulting and Training Topics:
- Cablers: Advice to efficiently reconfigure fiber optic process lines for add-on products – without resulting in suboptimized products
- Cablers: Are you looking to work with specialty cables or furcation tubes? If so, here are key points to consider.
- Advice for raw material suppliers planning to sell to the optical cable industry: 4 points to consider – and pitfalls to avoid
- Advice for Cable Manufacturers Looking to Enter the US Fiber Optic Market
- Buying used vs. new equipment: challenges in optical cable manufacture and new extrusion line business
- So You Want To Start a Cable Company or Add a Cable Making Division?