There are two types of IEC standards for MT/MPO measurements using interferometry.
The first is the “Measurement Standard” and its primary purpose is to try and ensure that different instruments yield the same measurement results. This standard includes information on measurement techniques, measurement parameters, fitting regions, reference points, calculations and in some cases the algorithms used to define each parameter. This is a priority standard and its number is 61300-3-30.
The second is “Performance or Interface Standards” which relate to specific connector styles or groups. For example, there might be one for MT connectors and another for angled MT connectors. These documents refer to 61300-3-30 as the measurement technique and then continue to elaborate on specific parameters to be measured, ferrule dimensions, tolerances and pass/fail limits. These documents are aimed more towards companies manufacturing, polishing or purchasing connectors.
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
- Contact FOC with questions at: (800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which connector has the longest history? - July 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: Characterize the oven ports to validate your curing schedule - July 12, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have any documentation available on controlling end-face geometry characteristics of PC ferrules? - July 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: in copper manufacture, the copper conductors are the strength members in many of the cable designs - July 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: way to avoid bubbles when mixing materials if you do not have the pieces of equipment like a speed mixer or centrifuge? - July 6, 2018
- FOC Tips: cleaning fiber with high purity of Isopropyl Alcohol - July 5, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: are polymer plastics isotropic? - July 3, 2018
- FOC Tips: internal connector design and the correct amount of epoxy - July 2, 2018
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC 10-4 campaign to support #5MillionSteps - July 2, 2018
- FOC’s step-by-step making a difference many places - July 1, 2018