New Bedford, MA, USA, May 2, 2016 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and recognized as one of the most technically savvy fiber optics companies in the world, announces a new industry glossary as the latest in a series of technical resources rolled out in the past year to better serve FOC customers and industry.
Building on the recent resource rollouts of technical articles, blogs, AskFOC, video demos, helpful tips series, monthly e-news subscriptions, live consulting, and partnership with Wayne Kachmar’s Technical Horsepower Consulting, the FOC Glossary is added to the website.
The FOC Glossary includes Acronyms and Military Specifications for Connectors in addition to the General Terms and Definition section. The goal is to make it easier to both reference and understand common industry terms and definitions as well as encourage a dialog with the industry.
Launched containing more than 3,600 entries on fiber, cable, wire, optics, assembly, connectors, electrical, data communications and testing terms as well as the FOC ancillary expert areas of polymers, chemicals, lapping film, adhesives and epoxies, the FOC Glossary also includes an additional 2,000+ FOC Acronym entries and a core 18 MIL-SPEC for Connectors.
FOC plans to expand this latest resource with more standards, processes, edits, and additions that are requested through the email FOCGlossary@focenter.com.
Uniquely positioned to be the “Go-To” resource with decades of global, practical cable assembly production experience by the technical experts who work daily with customers improving their processes, FOC sells and delivers every piece of equipment needed for the automated production of fiber optic cable assemblies, also called patch cords: cable cutting and fiber stripping equipment, metered epoxy dispensing systems and curing ovens, laser cleaving systems, polishing machines and plates, and instruments for all three kinds of testing: interferometer for geometry, microscopes and software for visual inspection, and sources, power meters and switches for insertion loss and back-reflection (bi-directionally if required). FOC also carries all of the hand tools as well as consumables needed for production and testing: epoxy, polishing films, cleaning supplies and cassettes.
The glossary can be found online at https://focenter.com/foc-glossary/ , acronyms at https://focenter.com/acronyms/ and Military Specifications for Connectors at: https://focenter.com/military-specs/ .
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center (FOC) is an international high technology sales, marketing, distribution, manufacturing and consulting company. FOC has several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, making them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. FOC also strives to “make the business part easy,” offering outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. Their main focus is assisting cable assembly houses with supplies, equipment, consulting and technical support in the manufacturing and testing of fiber optic cable assemblies. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations.
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322 . Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What documentation have you published on how operators can better meet design goals? - January 29, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Chemical level changes in gas delivery system bubbling process - January 19, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Specialty optical preforms strength and deposition issues - January 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We are experiencing chemical level drops in our chemical bubbler. Is this a temperature issue or should we be focusing on other variables? - January 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We are having issues with shrinkage and are focusing on the polish step. Looking for some steps, best practices, solutions, etc. - January 4, 2018
- FOC Marketing Tip 12: Social Media Navigation - December 22, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 11: Business Development: An Honest Conversation - December 21, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 10: Product Inventory Management and a quick snapshot…. - December 20, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 9: Trade Show Strategy Revisited - December 19, 2017
- FOC Marketing Tip 8: The Roles of a Marketing Team - December 18, 2017