New Bedford, MA, USA, July 24, 2017 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in fiber optics, optics and specialty high tech materials, announces the appointment of Larry Donalds as Business Development, Fiber Design and Manufacturing, Technical Sales.
Mr. Donalds brings more than 35 years of experience from 3M Company in St. Paul, MN after recently retiring. During his time with 3M Company, he spent 24 years in the development and manufacture of specialty optical fiber, utilizing “voice of the customer,” helping 3M design and produce fibers to meet specific customer applications and performance criteria. . Projects included the development and production of EDFA (Erbium Doped Fiber Amplifier) fiber, radiation-hardened fiber for gyroscopes, solution doping of preforms, patent development for Oxyfluoride Erbium fiber, organometallic rare earth deposition and a rare earth single mode fiber bend and position sensor.
In his fiber position at 3M, Mr. Donalds maintained and operated MCVD equipment from SG Controls of Cambridge, England, whom FOC has represented in North America for over 25 years.
“FOC offers unique technical support from individuals with the hard experience and years of effort that translate into value for our customers. Larry has established himself, in the specialty fiber world, as someone who is both creative and gets the job done. Several companies have already expressed an interest in meeting with Larry and taking advantage of his knowledge and approach to problem solving. He is a strong addition to our technical staff.” said Ben Waite, FOC CEO and President.
Larry has achieved several awards over his career including 3M Golden Step Award, Photonics Circle of Excellence Award, R&D 100 Award, 3M Circle of Technical Excellence Awards in 1983, 2001, and 2008, & 3M Ideation Challenge award in 2017.
After investing time with each of the members of FOC’s technical staff, including Wayne Kachmar, he will have a seamless transition into FOC’s daily technical focus and strategies.
Larry will be working primarily from AZ when not at customer facilities or in the home office in New Bedford, MA.
He and his wife reside in Arizona. Outside of FOC, Larry’s hobbies includes fishing, boating, snowmobiling, outdoor landscaping, & deck design and construction.
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- FOC technical solution content: http://bit.ly/29WTvgn
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: email@example.com
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOC Tips: measuring a PC ferrule’s Apex Offset - January 15, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are common connector issues that we should be on alert for? - January 14, 2019
- FOC Tips: To help ensure accurate IL measurements, use good-quality test jumpers - January 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: adjusting the concentration of the fluorinated polymer - January 10, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: If the epoxy has filler or glass beads, will that interfere with the strength of the bond – and create the need for a thicker bond line? - January 8, 2019
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping and nicks - January 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what happens if you overmix epoxy? - January 4, 2019
- FOC Tips: defining type and semi tight buffers as opposed to loose tubes in optical cables - January 3, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can one verify that epoxy processes are appropriate for the product? - December 27, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how many different ways are there to terminate an optical fiber which is tight buffered and where can I find more information on each? - December 20, 2018