New Bedford, MA, USA, October 10, 2017 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, introduces Viavi FiberChek Sidewinder, first fully autonomous handheld inspection and analysis solution for multifiber connectors
The FiberChek Sidewinder is an “all-in-one” handheld inspection and analysis solution for multifiber connectors such as MPO or other multifiber connectors with reliability and speed.
With contaminated connectors as the number one cause for troubleshooting in optical networks, this problem has driven the industry and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) to release IEC 61300-3-35, a global standard that establishes acceptance criteria for the quality and cleanliness of the fiber connector end face. This standard has been widely adopted and has also been incorporated into other standards, including both TIA-568.3 and ISO/IEC 11801.
The FiberChek Sidewinder solution addresses the challenge in MPO inspection with ability to test to industry standards with push of a button, automate inspection, locate and identify defects and scratches, identify inspection zone locations and integrate results into certification reports
FOC, working with technician needs of many different skill levels and needs, can now offer one portable MPO inspection microscope solution to Inspect, measure, and certify fiber connectors to industry standards right on a mobile device. Compatibility with multiple types of devices (Android, iPhone & iPad, Windows Tablets and PC/Laptops) provides solutions for automatic test result fibers in less than 12 seconds and review of test results on the same device.
As MPO connectivity continues to grow in adoption, maintaining MPO end faces is more important than ever.
Managing clean MPO connections requires systematic and proactive methods that many technicians may find
troublesome, confusing and time-consuming.
For questions on specific options of the FiberChek Sidewinder FOC can be reached 800- 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- FOC technical solution content: http://bit.ly/29WTvgn
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: email@example.com
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Determining minor or normal slight binder indentation on buffer tubes - October 16, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. introduces Viavi FiberChek Sidewinder, first fully autonomous handheld inspection and analysis solution for multifiber connectors - October 10, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the promotion of William Sorell to Shipping Supervisor - October 5, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Where does dust based end face contamination come from? - August 16, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the highest capacity fiber count an OCETS can handle? - August 9, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is it important to clean both ends of the connector pair? - August 8, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How residue based contamination cause signal loss between a mated connector pair? - August 2, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Larry Donalds as Business Development, Fiber Design and Manufacturing, Technical Sales - July 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What happens if there are dust particles on one of the connector end faces during the connector mating process? - July 18, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: OCETS: How do I configure the software to work with the chamber? - July 12, 2017