Lowell, MA and Spartanburg, SC – AFL has expanded its portfolio of fiber connector inspection products by adding the FOCIS Flex No Wireless (NW) version of its award-winning FOCIS Flex inspection probe. FOCIS Flex is a self-contained, tether-free, compact and handheld connector inspection probe. At the click of a button, FOCIS Flex auto-focuses, captures, centers and analyzes end-face images to easily display, transfer or store pass/fail results within seconds.FOCIS Flex - No Wireless
“The FOCIS Flex NW addresses the need of network maintenance contractors operating in secure environments, where devices emitting radio frequency (RF) communication signals are prohibited,” commented Maury Wood, product manager for AFL’s Test & Inspection division. “Government and defense establishments often prohibit RF signal transceivers in their facilities in order to enhance security and protect their intellectual property. Increasingly, private enterprise network operators are imposing the same restrictions. The FOCIS Flex NW removes, in both hardware and software, Bluetooth and WiFi communications transceiver functions.”
The FOCIS Flex NW includes internal storage for 10,000 ferrule end-face images and pass/fail results, as well as a USB mass storage device interface for transferring results to a PC. Inspection reports can be generated using AFL’s TRM® 2.0 Windows-compatible software as well as AFL’s aeRos® cloud-based workflow management platform.
The FOCIS Flex NW inspection system is available in kits that include commonly used tips for exposed jumper cable connector ferrules and for connectors in bulkhead adapters.
For more information about AFL, its products and services, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
Founded in 1984, AFL is an international manufacturer providing end-to-end solutions to the energy, service provider, enterprise and industrial markets as well as several emerging markets. The company’s products are in use in over 130 countries and include fiber optic cable and hardware, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectivity, test and inspection equipment, fusion splicers and training. AFL also offers a wide variety of services supporting data center, enterprise, wireless and outside plant applications.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan.
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Technical Discussion schedule, Reception and Product Demonstrations at OFC March 10-12, 2020, San Diego, CA - February 27, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Richard Mack as Market Analyst - February 10, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Technical Discussion schedule at SPIE Photonics West February 4-6, 2020, San Francisco, CA - February 4, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces latest Corporate Citizen project: FOC Road to the Boston Marathon - January 23, 2020
- The Latest Corporate Citizen at FOC makes FOC Proud - January 22, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc., announces Ben Waite as presenter at the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 10, 2019
- Network experts from Verizon and Microsoft join the world’s leading fiber companies for the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 1, 2019
- FOC announces presentation, paper and tutorials on latest industry products at International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) 2019 - September 29, 2019
- New FOC Website and Expanded Technical Resource Centers Launch at ECOC 2019 announced - September 23, 2019
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019