Spartanburg, SC – June 17, 2019 – AFL, a manufacturer of transmission, substation and distribution accessories, plus fiber optic cable, connectivity and equipment, is launching a new family of TAPLINK wedge connectors. Used to tap a conductor to a main line distribution power line, this product line is unique in that the clamps do not require special tools whereas other wedge-type products do. AFL’s TAPLINK product line consists of the following connectors:
Wedge tap connectors – used to make complete aluminum-to-aluminum and aluminum-to-copper electrical connections.
Wedge pad tap connectors – used to connect various NEMA devices to aluminum and copper conductors.
Wedge stirrup connectors – designed to protect the conductor from damage caused by arcing in applications where hotline clamps are attached.
Hotline connectors – designed for hotline applications, this connector can be removed and reused as desired as a temporary or permanent connection.TAPLINK-collage.jpg
“Wedge connectors are unique in their ability to hold continuous pressure on the conductors during thermal cycling,” explained Gary Harter, business development manager for AFL’s accessories division.
The special wedge configuration leads to quicker installation times and provides superior performance as compared to standard bolted or compression type products. The connectors are easy to remove using a standard socket wrench without risking damage to the conductor. Additionally, the shearhead bolt concept provides installation consistency, taking human error out of the equation.
AFL’s accessories division excels on the experience gained from over 80 years designing and manufacturing accessory products. For additional information on AFL, its products and services, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
Founded in 1984, AFL is an international manufacturer providing end-to-end solutions to the energy, service provider, enterprise and industrial markets as well as several emerging markets. The company’s products are in use in over 130 countries and include fiber optic cable and hardware, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectivity, test and inspection equipment, fusion splicers and training. AFL also offers a wide variety of services supporting data center, enterprise, wireless and outside plant applications.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan.
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Technical Discussion schedule, Reception and Product Demonstrations at OFC March 10-12, 2020, San Diego, CA - February 27, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Richard Mack as Market Analyst - February 10, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces Technical Discussion schedule at SPIE Photonics West February 4-6, 2020, San Francisco, CA - February 4, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces latest Corporate Citizen project: FOC Road to the Boston Marathon - January 23, 2020
- The Latest Corporate Citizen at FOC makes FOC Proud - January 22, 2020
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc., announces Ben Waite as presenter at the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 10, 2019
- Network experts from Verizon and Microsoft join the world’s leading fiber companies for the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 1, 2019
- FOC announces presentation, paper and tutorials on latest industry products at International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) 2019 - September 29, 2019
- New FOC Website and Expanded Technical Resource Centers Launch at ECOC 2019 announced - September 23, 2019
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019