Spartanburg, SC – June 17, 2019 – AFL, a manufacturer of transmission, substation and distribution accessories, plus fiber optic cable, connectivity and equipment, is launching a new family of TAPLINK wedge connectors. Used to tap a conductor to a main line distribution power line, this product line is unique in that the clamps do not require special tools whereas other wedge-type products do. AFL’s TAPLINK product line consists of the following connectors:
Wedge tap connectors – used to make complete aluminum-to-aluminum and aluminum-to-copper electrical connections.
Wedge pad tap connectors – used to connect various NEMA devices to aluminum and copper conductors.
Wedge stirrup connectors – designed to protect the conductor from damage caused by arcing in applications where hotline clamps are attached.
Hotline connectors – designed for hotline applications, this connector can be removed and reused as desired as a temporary or permanent connection.TAPLINK-collage.jpg
“Wedge connectors are unique in their ability to hold continuous pressure on the conductors during thermal cycling,” explained Gary Harter, business development manager for AFL’s accessories division.
The special wedge configuration leads to quicker installation times and provides superior performance as compared to standard bolted or compression type products. The connectors are easy to remove using a standard socket wrench without risking damage to the conductor. Additionally, the shearhead bolt concept provides installation consistency, taking human error out of the equation.
AFL’s accessories division excels on the experience gained from over 80 years designing and manufacturing accessory products. For additional information on AFL, its products and services, visit www.AFLglobal.com.
Founded in 1984, AFL is an international manufacturer providing end-to-end solutions to the energy, service provider, enterprise and industrial markets as well as several emerging markets. The company’s products are in use in over 130 countries and include fiber optic cable and hardware, transmission and substation accessories, outside plant equipment, connectivity, test and inspection equipment, fusion splicers and training. AFL also offers a wide variety of services supporting data center, enterprise, wireless and outside plant applications.
Headquartered in Spartanburg, SC, AFL has operations in the U.S., Mexico, Canada, Europe, Asia and Australia, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Fujikura Ltd. of Japan.
- New FOC Website and Expanded Technical Resource Centers Launch at ECOC 2019 announced - September 23, 2019
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019
- Cable Connector Market Share 2019 Overview by Type, Emerging Growth Factors, Sales Analysis, Future Scope, Leading Manufacturers and Forecast 2024 - August 29, 2019
- Dymax Corporation Recognized by Inc. 5000 Ranked in Top 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. - August 20, 2019
- Domaille 5300 Polishing Machine Video Released - August 10, 2019
- Polymers Market Industry review and forecasts 2019-2027 - August 10, 2019
- New and emerging cabling standards from the TIA - August 9, 2019
- Fiber Optics Market Size, Share and Trends 2019 - August 9, 2019
- Larry Donalds to present MCVD Tips to enhance preform strength, yield, and reproducibility at ECOC 2019 - August 2, 2019
- AngstromLink Resource Center for OKP Optical Plastic Series at ECOC 2019 announced - July 24, 2019