Are there different geometry parameter measurements for PC ferrules and APC ferrules?
With PC ferrules, we commonly measure three geometry parameters: Radius, Apex Offset, and Fiber Height. With APC ferrules, we measure these three plus two more: Angle and Key Error.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Polished Connector Geometries, APC
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Find More Information in this Blog:
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team August 21, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019
- Fiber Optic Cable Splicing Explained - September 7, 2019
- Ways in which the end-face can become contaminated along the way - September 6, 2019
- Removal of coatings from short fiber in certain sections - September 5, 2019
- End-face quality and cleanliness - September 4, 2019
- Re-cleaning a connector after installation - September 4, 2019
- The two wavelengths used for Insertion Loss testing - September 3, 2019
- Ensuring connector end-faces meet industry standards on end-face cleanliness (ex. IEC 61300-3-35) - September 2, 2019