Are there different geometry parameter measurements for PC ferrules and APC ferrules?
With PC ferrules, we commonly measure three geometry parameters: Radius, Apex Offset, and Fiber Height. With APC ferrules, we measure these three plus two more: Angle and Key Error.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Polished Connector Geometries, APC
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team August 21, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: Passive component tester configurations - November 13, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much is enough or the right amount of epoxy in the connector? - November 12, 2018
- FOC Tips: Step two of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - November 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what causes the Apex of a radius to be imperfect, to be off-center? - November 8, 2018
- FOC Tips: Insertion Loss (IL) is the loss of power due to adding a jumper. - November 7, 2018
- FOC Tips: MT ferrule geometry measurements - November 5, 2018
- FOC Tips: contamination on the fixture prevents ferrules from protruding equal distance from the base of the fixture - November 2, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we decide which passive component tester to purchase? - November 1, 2018
- FOC Tips: Fiber Optic Connector Cross Sectioning example from “Connector A” notes - October 30, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: we are a fiber optic cable assembly manufacturer. For epoxy bi-packs, what are the typical package sizes? - October 29, 2018