Can the errors made in the Termination processes be detected by subsequent production-line tests / measurements?
The processes involved in Termination play a CRITICAL role in determining the long-term reliability of the product, and more importantly, errors made in the Termination processes often cannot be detected by subsequent production-line tests / measurements.
Even though effective termination procedures have been developed, an operator error on the production line may very well produce a product that will pass all normal product tests and inspections, but will have dramatically increased chance of future field failure. Thus, robust process controls, though important in any manufacturing stage, are essential in all Termination processes, to ensure maximum product reliability and performance.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: The processes involved in Termination play a CRITICAL role in determining the long-term reliability of the product
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 20, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the differences between Silicon Carbide, Diamond, and Final in Lapping Films? - July 23, 2018
- FOC Tips: instructions for burst pouch bi-packs - July 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how does an ultrasonic bath work for cleaning polishing fixtures? - July 19, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the typical steps for terminating a fiber? - July 18, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what is the ideal fiber height for a fiber optic connector? - July 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which connector has the longest history? - July 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: Characterize the oven ports to validate your curing schedule - July 12, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have any documentation available on controlling end-face geometry characteristics of PC ferrules? - July 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: in copper manufacture, the copper conductors are the strength members in many of the cable designs - July 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: way to avoid bubbles when mixing materials if you do not have the pieces of equipment like a speed mixer or centrifuge? - July 6, 2018