Can the errors made in the Termination processes be detected by subsequent production-line tests / measurements?
The processes involved in Termination play a CRITICAL role in determining the long-term reliability of the product, and more importantly, errors made in the Termination processes often cannot be detected by subsequent production-line tests / measurements.
Even though effective termination procedures have been developed, an operator error on the production line may very well produce a product that will pass all normal product tests and inspections, but will have dramatically increased chance of future field failure. Thus, robust process controls, though important in any manufacturing stage, are essential in all Termination processes, to ensure maximum product reliability and performance.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: The processes involved in Termination play a CRITICAL role in determining the long-term reliability of the product
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 20, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping blades - September 24, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where can I get some information on SMA connector over polishing? - September 21, 2018
- FOC Tips: SMA High Power application - September 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which epoxies cause allergic reactions and which do not? - September 19, 2018
- FOC Tips: solutions for clean connections - September 17, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can I identify crystallization in epoxies? - September 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: Step one of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - September 13, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what happens if you undermix epoxy? - September 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: focus on preventive action, not corrective action - September 10, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why is it important to measure Insertion Loss and Return Loss? - September 7, 2018