Do you have guidance for developing a fiber optic polishing process?
While there are many details to consider when developing a fiber optic polishing process, it comes down to 5 basic steps:
Step 1. Define your objectives, especially measurement criteria and process yields.
Step 2. Ensure you have the proper equipment.
Step 3. Conduct a trial run, following our recommended procedures.
Step 4. To adjust your process, start with a focus on Radius.
Step 5. Conduct a visual inspection.
For details on each, READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: How to Develop a Fiber Optic Polishing Process that Produces Consistent Results
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team October 4, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- FOC Tips: considerations regarding freezing epoxy – extending the epoxy’s pot life and saving money - June 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have epoxy information in the form of a matrix? - June 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to investigate core cracking issues and identify the cause - June 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much water should we use when polishing? - June 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Can you give more detail about the bend test? - June 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: the “golden rule” in stripping - June 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why do we need to consider the Tg when selecting an epoxy? - June 10, 2019
- The Best Laid Plans of Mountains and Men: Crocker Mountain - June 10, 2019
- FOC Tips: Troubleshooting tips specific to Angle and Apex Offset - June 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the most common issues regarding APC polishing geometry? - June 6, 2019