How and when should you purchase epoxy material in premixed and frozen syringes?
To further reduce your handling and increase your process control, you can purchase the material in premixed and frozen syringes. In this case, the material will be measured, mixed, degassed and flash frozen. Here the material must be shipped on dry ice and stored in a -40 degree C freezer. This makes logistics a bit more complicated and expensive, but the payoff is no additional labor in preparing the material at your site. You will simply take the syringe out of the freezer, let it sit for less than five minutes and then use it.
The typical amount of material in the two part packs or the premixed and frozen syringes are 2.5 gram and 3 ccs respectively, but of course other packing sizes are available. Just make sure you consider the working life of your material. Once the two parts of the material are mixed the working life is ticking.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Which Epoxy Packaging is Right for you?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 16, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: considerations regarding freezing epoxy – remaining material in the syringe - May 23, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Is there a full automation solution in the connector assembly process? - May 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: Components of the fiber optic patch cord (cable assembly) - May 21, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have information on common layers and what to consider when stripping? - May 20, 2019
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping and damage - May 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to help establish good cleaning techniques throughout your polishing process - May 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does Fiber Optic Center accept returns of crystallized epoxies? - May 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: implementing a cross-sectioning capability IN-HOUSE - May 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are COATED flock pile pads and are there multiple choices for them? - May 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1310 and 1550 similar - May 9, 2019