How and when should you purchase epoxy material in premixed and frozen syringes?
To further reduce your handling and increase your process control, you can purchase the material in premixed and frozen syringes. In this case, the material will be measured, mixed, degassed and flash frozen. Here the material must be shipped on dry ice and stored in a -40 degree C freezer. This makes logistics a bit more complicated and expensive, but the payoff is no additional labor in preparing the material at your site. You will simply take the syringe out of the freezer, let it sit for less than five minutes and then use it.
The typical amount of material in the two part packs or the premixed and frozen syringes are 2.5 gram and 3 ccs respectively, but of course other packing sizes are available. Just make sure you consider the working life of your material. Once the two parts of the material are mixed the working life is ticking.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Which Epoxy Packaging is Right for you?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 16, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: epoxy de-gassing - October 17, 2018
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects – gradually decrease grit size when sanding and polishing - October 16, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do you ensure proper bond line thickness? - October 15, 2018
- FOC Tips: purchasing bulk material for fiber optic epoxies - October 12, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the recommended needle size to dispense epoxy? - October 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: fiber diameters - October 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How can you decrease and increase Radius values? - October 8, 2018
- FOC Tips: testing of dissimilar connector styles - October 5, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: guidance for developing a fiber optic polishing process? - October 4, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what industries need a fiber optic SMA today? - October 2, 2018