How and when should you purchase epoxy material in premixed and frozen syringes?
To further reduce your handling and increase your process control, you can purchase the material in premixed and frozen syringes. In this case, the material will be measured, mixed, degassed and flash frozen. Here the material must be shipped on dry ice and stored in a -40 degree C freezer. This makes logistics a bit more complicated and expensive, but the payoff is no additional labor in preparing the material at your site. You will simply take the syringe out of the freezer, let it sit for less than five minutes and then use it.
The typical amount of material in the two part packs or the premixed and frozen syringes are 2.5 gram and 3 ccs respectively, but of course other packing sizes are available. Just make sure you consider the working life of your material. Once the two parts of the material are mixed the working life is ticking.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Which Epoxy Packaging is Right for you?
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team April 16, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- FOC Tips: cables hanging in existing masts vs. installing ducts in the ground - June 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: are there Standards on the amount of contamination for multi-fiber end-faces? - June 18, 2018
- FOC Tips: “transition point” where buffered fiber is stripped away to reveal the bare fiber - June 15, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where can I get a little bit of Teflon? - June 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: dual asymmetric centrifuge - June 13, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: contamination of fixture affecting precision - June 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: cross sectioning and detailed failure analysis - June 8, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: is there a way to avoid wasted epoxy? - June 7, 2018
- FOC Tips: 2-stage heat cure - June 6, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the key differences between copper and glass optical fiber we need to be aware of? - June 4, 2018