How can you adjust your APC polishing process to modify characteristics of the geometry and achieve consistent accuracy?
APC polishing issues could derive from problems with mechanics (materials or equipment) or the polishing process itself. When developing a polishing process, the initial goal is to achieve consistency in geometry results (namely Radius, Angle/Apex, and Key Error), regardless of values (passing or failing of any specifications).
If you don’t see consistent results, it’s likely the variation is due to mechanical/equipment problems such as worn polishing fixtures, uneven rubber pad hardness, etc. After achieving result stability, it’s a simple matter to make process adjustments (namely pressure, rubber pad hardness, film abrasive size) to achieve desired results.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Steps to Overcome Common APC Polishing Issues
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource:
- Find More Information in this Blog:
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team February 28, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – THAWING - November 13, 2019
- Crystallization in Epoxies: How to Identify and Reverse it - October 23, 2019
- Measuring Insertion Loss and Return Loss Recommendations to Achieve the Best and Most Accurate Test Measurement - October 23, 2019
- Cross-Sectioning Fiber Optic Connectors: An Effective Diagnostic Method to Identify Defects and Resolve Process Issues - October 23, 2019
- The “Ideal” Fiber Height for a Fiber Optic Connector – and How to Achieve It - October 23, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – recommended length of time - October 23, 2019
- Techniques when using stripping tools - October 18, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – implementing process controls - September 18, 2019
- Aramid yarns and Good stripping techniques - September 11, 2019
- When the “back-side” connector end-face is contaminated, it is difficult to have access to remove the connector for cleaning - September 8, 2019