How can you adjust your APC polishing process to modify characteristics of the geometry and achieve consistent accuracy?
APC polishing issues could derive from problems with mechanics (materials or equipment) or the polishing process itself. When developing a polishing process, the initial goal is to achieve consistency in geometry results (namely Radius, Angle/Apex, and Key Error), regardless of values (passing or failing of any specifications).
If you don’t see consistent results, it’s likely the variation is due to mechanical/equipment problems such as worn polishing fixtures, uneven rubber pad hardness, etc. After achieving result stability, it’s a simple matter to make process adjustments (namely pressure, rubber pad hardness, film abrasive size) to achieve desired results.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Steps to Overcome Common APC Polishing Issues
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team February 28, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- FOC Tips: Use the proper strip template when stripping for connectorization - July 17, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which epoxy is the best for my application? - July 15, 2019
- Maple Syrup, Hidden Trails and Eerie Sights on the Third-Tallest Mountain in Vermont - July 14, 2019
- FOC Tips: the four major components of the fiber optic patch cord - July 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: when stripping multi-layer cables for connectorization, does each layer need to be stripped individually? - July 10, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1550 higher than 1310 - July 9, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Should we check for crystallization? Do we need to adjust our inspection process? - July 8, 2019
- FOC Tips: diameter of the ferrule’s hole bore is larger than the outside diameter of the fiber - July 5, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we establish good cleaning techniques throughout the polishing process? - July 3, 2019
- FOC Tips: Connectors are aligned and contacted optimally - July 2, 2019