How can you adjust your APC polishing process to modify characteristics of the geometry and achieve consistent accuracy?
APC polishing issues could derive from problems with mechanics (materials or equipment) or the polishing process itself. When developing a polishing process, the initial goal is to achieve consistency in geometry results (namely Radius, Angle/Apex, and Key Error), regardless of values (passing or failing of any specifications).
If you don’t see consistent results, it’s likely the variation is due to mechanical/equipment problems such as worn polishing fixtures, uneven rubber pad hardness, etc. After achieving result stability, it’s a simple matter to make process adjustments (namely pressure, rubber pad hardness, film abrasive size) to achieve desired results.
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Steps to Overcome Common APC Polishing Issues
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team February 28, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have information on common layers and what to consider when stripping? - May 20, 2019
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping and damage - May 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to help establish good cleaning techniques throughout your polishing process - May 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Does Fiber Optic Center accept returns of crystallized epoxies? - May 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: implementing a cross-sectioning capability IN-HOUSE - May 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What are COATED flock pile pads and are there multiple choices for them? - May 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1310 and 1550 similar - May 9, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Our epoxy is curing differently and has a different color. Can I use it? - May 8, 2019
- FOC Tips: the hole in the ferrule is not perfectly centered - May 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: is there a trick to keep the polishing film from moving? - May 6, 2019