What if you continually have problems with epoxy mixing?
In my time at Fiber Optic Center, I’ve noticed a trend. Sometimes when an epoxy-related issue emerges, there’s an assumption that the epoxy has an inaccurate mix ratio or is defective. However, epoxy manufacturers have a tight tolerance on mix ratios, so you can be assured you’re getting a high-quality product. Typically, when my customers and I investigate the epoxy issue, we discover the problem is process related. Often, the solution lies in taking a close look at your process – and shoring up your production team’s training. Do this and you’re golden!
As a side note, don’t worry if you discover crystallized epoxy. This is a common occurrence – and easy to remedy. Take a minute to read my article detailing the heat treatment process, so you can proceed with normal use: https://focenter.com/crystallization-in-epoxies-steps-for-you-to-spot-it-and-fix-it/
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Epoxy Bi-Pack News – and Usage Tips for Best Results
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team February 6, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have many customers using AngstromLap polishing film or are other brands more prevalent? - April 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: visual inspection is made easier with an automated fiberscope - April 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: no changes in fiber optic cable assembly production process, but measured IL and RL values of product aren’t as good as they were-could there be something wrong with the measurement equipment? - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. Expands Marketing Department; Joni Montemagno joins as Director Marketing Promotions - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC 20–5-1 campaign to support Children’s Cancer Research #20mtns5states1mission - April 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: in APC polishing is conical or step ferrules more expensive? - April 16, 2019
- FOC Tips: importance of controlling the amount of epoxy inside the ferrule-holder - April 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: Quick troubleshooting checklist for common APC polishing issues - April 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We have issues with crystallized epoxy: has the epoxy had “gone bad”? - April 10, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Kelly Michael Skelton as Systems Architect - April 9, 2019