What if you continually have problems with epoxy mixing?
In my time at Fiber Optic Center, I’ve noticed a trend. Sometimes when an epoxy-related issue emerges, there’s an assumption that the epoxy has an inaccurate mix ratio or is defective. However, epoxy manufacturers have a tight tolerance on mix ratios, so you can be assured you’re getting a high-quality product. Typically, when my customers and I investigate the epoxy issue, we discover the problem is process related. Often, the solution lies in taking a close look at your process – and shoring up your production team’s training. Do this and you’re golden!
As a side note, don’t worry if you discover crystallized epoxy. This is a common occurrence – and easy to remedy. Take a minute to read my article detailing the heat treatment process, so you can proceed with normal use: https://focenter.com/crystallization-in-epoxies-steps-for-you-to-spot-it-and-fix-it/
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Epoxy Bi-Pack News – and Usage Tips for Best Results
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team February 6, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- FOC Tips: Return Loss (RL) is a measure of power reflected - February 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the recommended minimum bond line thickness? - February 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: developing a polishing process, evaluate visual defects - February 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we get information about allergic issues on some of the specific epoxy products you sell? - February 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: Minus Coplanarity, the distance between the lowest fiber and the “best-fit plane” through the array of fibers - February 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what if you continually have problems with epoxy mixing? - February 6, 2019
- FOC Tips: passive component testers and wavelength - February 5, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: can objects contact the bottom or sidewalls of the ultrasonic bath when cleaning polishing fixtures? - February 4, 2019
- FOC Tips: Step four of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - February 1, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What’s the easiest way to load a syringe with a mixed package of epoxy? - January 31, 2019