What if you continually have problems with epoxy mixing?
In my time at Fiber Optic Center, I’ve noticed a trend. Sometimes when an epoxy-related issue emerges, there’s an assumption that the epoxy has an inaccurate mix ratio or is defective. However, epoxy manufacturers have a tight tolerance on mix ratios, so you can be assured you’re getting a high-quality product. Typically, when my customers and I investigate the epoxy issue, we discover the problem is process related. Often, the solution lies in taking a close look at your process – and shoring up your production team’s training. Do this and you’re golden!
As a side note, don’t worry if you discover crystallized epoxy. This is a common occurrence – and easy to remedy. Take a minute to read my article detailing the heat treatment process, so you can proceed with normal use: https://focenter.com/crystallization-in-epoxies-steps-for-you-to-spot-it-and-fix-it/
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Epoxy Bi-Pack News – and Usage Tips for Best Results
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team February 6, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- FOC Tips: considerations regarding freezing epoxy – extending the epoxy’s pot life and saving money - June 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have epoxy information in the form of a matrix? - June 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to investigate core cracking issues and identify the cause - June 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much water should we use when polishing? - June 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Can you give more detail about the bend test? - June 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: the “golden rule” in stripping - June 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why do we need to consider the Tg when selecting an epoxy? - June 10, 2019
- The Best Laid Plans of Mountains and Men: Crocker Mountain - June 10, 2019
- FOC Tips: Troubleshooting tips specific to Angle and Apex Offset - June 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the most common issues regarding APC polishing geometry? - June 6, 2019