What if you continually have problems with epoxy mixing?
In my time at Fiber Optic Center, I’ve noticed a trend. Sometimes when an epoxy-related issue emerges, there’s an assumption that the epoxy has an inaccurate mix ratio or is defective. However, epoxy manufacturers have a tight tolerance on mix ratios, so you can be assured you’re getting a high-quality product. Typically, when my customers and I investigate the epoxy issue, we discover the problem is process related. Often, the solution lies in taking a close look at your process – and shoring up your production team’s training. Do this and you’re golden!
As a side note, don’t worry if you discover crystallized epoxy. This is a common occurrence – and easy to remedy. Take a minute to read my article detailing the heat treatment process, so you can proceed with normal use: https://focenter.com/crystallization-in-epoxies-steps-for-you-to-spot-it-and-fix-it/
READ THE FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Epoxy Bi-Pack News – and Usage Tips for Best Results
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Epoxy Page
- Find More Information in this Blog: Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team February 6, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Scratches and final film - August 13, 2019
- The importance of etching in Chemical Mechanical Planarization of MT ferrules - August 12, 2019
- Glass transition is analogous to the melting point of a solid - August 9, 2019
- Outer jacket and Good stripping techniques - August 7, 2019
- Is fabricating fiber optic cable assemblies a manual or automated process? - August 6, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – to stop the curing process - July 31, 2019
- If you use too much water and flood the platen - July 26, 2019
- Proper maintenance of polishing fixtures is absolutely essential - July 23, 2019
- Troubleshooting tips specific to Key Error - July 19, 2019
- Concerns with automation in the optical fiber industry - July 18, 2019