What’s the easiest way to load a syringe with a mixed package of epoxy?
It’s important to have BOTH HANDS available to do the job. This means your syringes should be clean, ready to use, and positioned for loading. I recommend using a test tube rack to hold the syringes vertically. My favorite tip: If you don’t have a test tube rack, there are 2 ways to improvise.
Tape the syringes to the side of a table or desk.
Fashion a simple fixture from a block of Delrin (wood works ok) with a drilled hole slightly larger than the diameter of the syringe barrel. Drill the hole all the way through the block so any spillage doesn’t collect at the bottom. Also, a larger block offers a more stable base, with room for multiple syringes.
READ THIS FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
ADDITIONAL CONTENT & RESOURCES:
- Category Resource: FOC Epoxy Page
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team January 31, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on focenter.com. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking. You can also search your question and others in our content search.
- Scratches and final film - August 13, 2019
- The importance of etching in Chemical Mechanical Planarization of MT ferrules - August 12, 2019
- Glass transition is analogous to the melting point of a solid - August 9, 2019
- Outer jacket and Good stripping techniques - August 7, 2019
- Is fabricating fiber optic cable assemblies a manual or automated process? - August 6, 2019
- Considerations regarding freezing epoxy – to stop the curing process - July 31, 2019
- If you use too much water and flood the platen - July 26, 2019
- Proper maintenance of polishing fixtures is absolutely essential - July 23, 2019
- Troubleshooting tips specific to Key Error - July 19, 2019
- Concerns with automation in the optical fiber industry - July 18, 2019