What’s the easiest way to load a syringe with a mixed package of epoxy?
It’s important to have BOTH HANDS available to do the job. This means your syringes should be clean, ready to use, and positioned for loading. I recommend using a test tube rack to hold the syringes vertically. My favorite tip: If you don’t have a test tube rack, there are 2 ways to improvise.
Tape the syringes to the side of a table or desk.
Fashion a simple fixture from a block of Delrin (wood works ok) with a drilled hole slightly larger than the diameter of the syringe barrel. Drill the hole all the way through the block so any spillage doesn’t collect at the bottom. Also, a larger block offers a more stable base, with room for multiple syringes.
READ THIS FULL BLOG ARTICLE HERE: Helpful Epoxy Tips (and a Few Tricks)
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team January 31, 2019
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
- FOC Tips: Return Loss (RL) is a measure of power reflected - February 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the recommended minimum bond line thickness? - February 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: developing a polishing process, evaluate visual defects - February 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we get information about allergic issues on some of the specific epoxy products you sell? - February 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: Minus Coplanarity, the distance between the lowest fiber and the “best-fit plane” through the array of fibers - February 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what if you continually have problems with epoxy mixing? - February 6, 2019
- FOC Tips: passive component testers and wavelength - February 5, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: can objects contact the bottom or sidewalls of the ultrasonic bath when cleaning polishing fixtures? - February 4, 2019
- FOC Tips: Step four of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - February 1, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What’s the easiest way to load a syringe with a mixed package of epoxy? - January 31, 2019