When testing for traffic with a fiber identifier on a bidirectional fiber does the fiber identifier show traffic both ways?
When testing for traffic with a fiber identifier on a bidirectional fiber, a fiber identifier can indicate the direction of travel, but not all do. For example the AFL FI-10 and FI-11 will indicate traffic direction. The FI-60 does not.
Answered by AskFOC Technical Team March 28, 2018
Have a technical question for Fiber Optic Center?
Please email your question to AskFOC@focenter.com and we will respond ASAP.
In addition to replying, we will post your question and our answer here on the AskFOC page. Everyone remains anonymous when we post so feel comfortable asking your questions. You can also search to see if your question has already been answered in the FAQs section below.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: are there different geometry parameter measurements for PC ferrules and APC ferrules? - August 21, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: differences between Viavi Sidewinder and Sumix Manta? - August 20, 2018
- FOC Tips: Build in buffer time to validate your curing schedule - August 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where does the contamination come from in the normal polishing process? - August 16, 2018
- FOC Tips: spring loaded connectors after primary polishing - August 15, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how are the environments in which copper and optical cable are produced different? - August 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: inner-housing - August 13, 2018
- FOC Tips: the most common fiber optic epoxy packaging is premeasured two part packs. - August 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects start with a good print job - August 10, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the advantages and disadvantages of the different methods of cross sectioning fiber optic connectors? - August 9, 2018