New Bedford, MA, USA, August 2, 2018 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces innovative fiber-blowing solution.
In the FTTH application, fiber-blowing machines blow fiber optic cable through a conduit, which is typically underground. This allows an installer to push the fiber very long distances up to 10 kilometers.
The new solution is for those making hundreds of meters long cable assemblies with a need to fish the cable through an equally long furcation tube. The current process takes large amounts of time, many people and long space. In the winter month the lead-time for these assemblies is out 3-4+months. The manual process carries significant risk to the final cable assembly in terms of potential contamination, defects, and splicing errors.
FOC is proud to distribute a high-quality, affordable fiber-blowing machine made in Denmark called the Fremco NanoFlow.
It’s very easy to configure and use this fiber-blowing machine. No tools are needed. The steps are:
- The operator places one end of the fiber on the left side, places one end of the conduit or furcation tubing on the right side, and clamps them down.
- An LED display shows speed, distance, and fiber protection. The operator can adjust speed and torque.
- The fiber rides a wave of air, so there’s minimal friction through the conduit or furcation tubing.
With all signs pointing to a reduction in time, labor, and defects, FOC is teaming with several cable assembly houses to integrate a fiber-blowing machine into their process with a goal to dramatically diminish labor time, process time, and defects.
- Reduction in time and labor –Total time depends on fiber length but it will not require a full day like the current manual process. Also, using the fiber-blowing machine is a one-person job, which takes the pressure off your production team.
- Reduction in defects and damage – The current process requires fishing the fiber optic cable through the tubing by hand. The cable can get caught, dislodged, and damaged. Instead, with the fiber-blowing machine, it’s a quick and smooth process. Also, the manual process requires keeping the fiber and tubing as straight as possible for its entire length. Most facilities don’t have an indoor corridor hundreds of meters long, so they complete this production task outside, in a parking lot or nearby field. On the other hand, the fiber-blowing machine doesn’t require a straight shot, so this production task can be completed indoors, which can reduce debris and damage.
FOC is taking a product that’s designed for a different application and applying it to our core customers – cable assembly manufacturers – to help them increase their effectiveness and product quality.
View the product listing HERE for the FOC web page with the part number, dimensions, and other product details.
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact:
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct
508-992-6464. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com