Fiber Optic Center, Inc. (FOC), has stock on the shelf of SMA connectors in over 40 holes sizes from 127 to 2645 um, in volumes of as little as 10 to over 20,000 pieces, depending on design and hole size. On any given day, these can include: 144, 150, 172, 201, 205, 210, 220, 225, 231, 236, 240, 245, 250, 260, 270, 280, 284, 336, 340, 390, 410, 435, 440, 441, 455, 470, 480, 490, 510, 580, 612, 641, 660, 672, 690, 710, 720, 750, 770, 850, 1000, 1040, 1050, 1055, 1060, 1100, 1275, 1280, 1545, 1645, 1650, 1950, 2025, 2070, 2100, 2125 and 2150, as well as others.
The ripple effect of having such a readily available supply of specialty connectors has a positive impact on those considering using non-standard fiber sizes. Sometimes the effects are hard to predict. Years ago a small company was producing a laser for wart removal using large core fibers and SMA connectors. They called one day to order a small number of connectors in a smaller size than usual. A baby was born in the Netherlands with warts in his throat, and was having trouble breathing. The plan was to downsize the laser and fiber to make it suitable for use on the infant. The new laser with appropriate fiber assemblies was delivered in matter of a few days, the baby was operated on successfully, and survived.
READ THE BLOG: What is an SMA connector and why do we care?
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
- Contact FOC with questions at: (800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: does FOC have many customers using AngstromLap polishing film or are other brands more prevalent? - April 22, 2019
- FOC Tips: visual inspection is made easier with an automated fiberscope - April 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: no changes in fiber optic cable assembly production process, but measured IL and RL values of product aren’t as good as they were-could there be something wrong with the measurement equipment? - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. Expands Marketing Department; Joni Montemagno joins as Director Marketing Promotions - April 17, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces FOC 20–5-1 campaign to support Children’s Cancer Research #20mtns5states1mission - April 16, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: in APC polishing is conical or step ferrules more expensive? - April 16, 2019
- FOC Tips: importance of controlling the amount of epoxy inside the ferrule-holder - April 15, 2019
- FOC Tips: Quick troubleshooting checklist for common APC polishing issues - April 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We have issues with crystallized epoxy: has the epoxy had “gone bad”? - April 10, 2019
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Kelly Michael Skelton as Systems Architect - April 9, 2019