On the production floor, time is money, so we have put together a list of the greatest inspection needs when focused on helping protect the bottom line.
This list of “necessaries” include:
- Auto-focus. Built-in Autofocus capability eliminates manual time increase spent getting the image in optimized focus.
- Automation workflow options. In addition to Auto-Focus, Auto-Test, Auto File Naming, and Auto-Save after Test are crucial for keeping times down.
- Single report for multiple tests. The ability to create groups of tests that can be displayed together in one consolidated test report increases efficiency.
- Single test for both inspection and power measurement. The ability to create a certification report for both connector end faces and optical loss is crucial for industry standards.
Remember that contamination is the #1 cause of troubleshooting in optical networks and ensuring the cleanliness of fiber optic connectivity is essential whenever fiber is handled.
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
- Contact FOC with questions at: (800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: email@example.com
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is bond line thickness important? - March 19, 2019
- FOC Tips: 3D printed objects – steps for sanding your 3D printing project - March 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why has connectivity become so important? - March 14, 2019
- FOC Tips: on epoxy curing - March 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Since cleanliness counts, how can I improve my epoxy work surface? - March 12, 2019
- FOC Tips: To accurately measure IL/RL, using a high-quality tester is imperative - March 11, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Which package size of epoxy is right for my process? - March 7, 2019
- FOC Tips: Cross-sectioning is an effective diagnostic tool - March 6, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: We are considering using) MT thermoset or thermoplastic ferrules in our cable assemblies. What do we need to know before deciding? - March 5, 2019
- FOC Tips: epoxy injection into ferrule - March 4, 2019