On the production floor, time is money, so we have put together a list of the greatest inspection needs when focused on helping protect the bottom line.
This list of “necessaries” include:
- Auto-focus. Built-in Autofocus capability eliminates manual time increase spent getting the image in optimized focus.
- Automation workflow options. In addition to Auto-Focus, Auto-Test, Auto File Naming, and Auto-Save after Test are crucial for keeping times down.
- Single report for multiple tests. The ability to create groups of tests that can be displayed together in one consolidated test report increases efficiency.
- Single test for both inspection and power measurement. The ability to create a certification report for both connector end faces and optical loss is crucial for industry standards.
Remember that contamination is the #1 cause of troubleshooting in optical networks and ensuring the cleanliness of fiber optic connectivity is essential whenever fiber is handled.
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
- Contact FOC with questions at: (800) 473-4237 / 508-992-6464 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FOC Tips: fiber stripping blades - September 24, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: where can I get some information on SMA connector over polishing? - September 21, 2018
- FOC Tips: SMA High Power application - September 20, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which epoxies cause allergic reactions and which do not? - September 19, 2018
- FOC Tips: solutions for clean connections - September 17, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how can I identify crystallization in epoxies? - September 14, 2018
- FOC Tips: Step one of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - September 13, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what happens if you undermix epoxy? - September 11, 2018
- FOC Tips: focus on preventive action, not corrective action - September 10, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why is it important to measure Insertion Loss and Return Loss? - September 7, 2018