Milpitas, CA, May 1, 2017 – Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV)today introduced the 4100-series DWDM OTDR for its T-BERD/MTS-2000, 4000, and 5800 platforms. As DWDM technology continues to penetrate into access networks, technicians require comprehensive, cost-optimized DWDM test tools. With these, techs can deliver reliable deployments during construction and support efficient troubleshooting of faulty links for ongoing maintenance.
Consisting of a single module, Viavi’s C-band OTDR enables wireless, cable, and telco operators to perform complete end-to-end link characterization and troubleshooting through the optical Mux/Demux for newly deployed or active DWDM and hybrid CWDM/DWDM networks.
- Test new DWDM wavelength routes and pinpoint exact fault locations without disrupting traffic on active channels
- Verify end-to-end continuity through ROADM network elements with the integrated C-band tunable laser source mode
- Easy setup and interpretation of results with SmartConfigs and Smart Link Mapper (SLM) OTDR applications
- Comprehensive qualification and troubleshooting solution, for hybrid CWDM/DWDM networks when combined with Viavi’s CWDM OTDR modules
- Portable and lightweight, most compact DWDM OTDR solution available for physical layer fiber certification and troubleshooting
DWDM technology has been well adopted in long-haul transmissions for decades. With the growing need for bandwidth driven by data-hungry applications and business services, DWDM technology has now found its way into access networks. CATV operators delivering DWDM-enabled business services and wireless operators moving to DWDM for CRAN front hauls, require a simple way to validate routes to connect new customers and to troubleshoot faulty links in a timely manner without disrupting existing services.
About Viavi Solutions
Viavi (NASDAQ: VIAV) is a global provider of network test, monitoring and assurance solutions to communications service providers, enterprises and their ecosystems, supported by a worldwide channel community including Viavi Velocity Solution Partners. We deliver end-to-end visibility across physical, virtual and hybrid networks, enabling customers to optimize connectivity, quality of experience and profitability. Viavi is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
- FOC Tips: Assess the quality and condition of test cables - June 25, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How can I select the right epoxy for a new application? - June 24, 2019
- Twenty-three Miles and Three Mountains Later: Journey in Bethlehem - June 21, 2019
- FOC Tips: guides and resources for epoxy and adhesive options - June 20, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: why isn’t there one standard polishing process? - June 19, 2019
- FOC Tips: considerations regarding freezing epoxy – extending the epoxy’s pot life and saving money - June 18, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: do you have epoxy information in the form of a matrix? - June 17, 2019
- FOC Tips: to investigate core cracking issues and identify the cause - June 13, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much water should we use when polishing? - June 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Can you give more detail about the bend test? - June 11, 2019