Milpitas, CA, May 1, 2017 – Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV)today introduced the 4100-series DWDM OTDR for its T-BERD/MTS-2000, 4000, and 5800 platforms. As DWDM technology continues to penetrate into access networks, technicians require comprehensive, cost-optimized DWDM test tools. With these, techs can deliver reliable deployments during construction and support efficient troubleshooting of faulty links for ongoing maintenance.
Consisting of a single module, Viavi’s C-band OTDR enables wireless, cable, and telco operators to perform complete end-to-end link characterization and troubleshooting through the optical Mux/Demux for newly deployed or active DWDM and hybrid CWDM/DWDM networks.
- Test new DWDM wavelength routes and pinpoint exact fault locations without disrupting traffic on active channels
- Verify end-to-end continuity through ROADM network elements with the integrated C-band tunable laser source mode
- Easy setup and interpretation of results with SmartConfigs and Smart Link Mapper (SLM) OTDR applications
- Comprehensive qualification and troubleshooting solution, for hybrid CWDM/DWDM networks when combined with Viavi’s CWDM OTDR modules
- Portable and lightweight, most compact DWDM OTDR solution available for physical layer fiber certification and troubleshooting
DWDM technology has been well adopted in long-haul transmissions for decades. ‘
With the growing need for bandwidth driven by data-hungry applications and business services, DWDM technology has now found its way into access networks.
CATV operators delivering DWDM-enabled business services and wireless operators moving to DWDM for CRAN front hauls, require a simple way to validate routes to connect new customers and to troubleshoot faulty links in a timely manner without disrupting existing services.
About Viavi Solutions
Viavi (NASDAQ: VIAV) is a global provider of network test, monitoring and assurance solutions to communications service providers, enterprises and their ecosystems, supported by a worldwide channel community including Viavi Velocity Solution Partners. We deliver end-to-end visibility across physical, virtual and hybrid networks, enabling customers to optimize connectivity, quality of experience and profitability. Viavi is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
- Fiber Optic Center, Inc., announces Ben Waite as presenter at the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 10, 2019
- Network experts from Verizon and Microsoft join the world’s leading fiber companies for the 5th CRU World Optical Fiber & Cable Conference - October 1, 2019
- FOC announces presentation, paper and tutorials on latest industry products at International Cable & Connectivity Symposium (IWCS) 2019 - September 29, 2019
- New FOC Website and Expanded Technical Resource Centers Launch at ECOC 2019 announced - September 23, 2019
- Larry Donalds presenting Critical Design Goals to Manufacture Optical Fiber Preforms at the 6th Workshop on Specialty Optical Fiber and Their Applications (WSOF) November 6-8, 2019, Charleston, SC - September 1, 2019
- Cable Connector Market Share 2019 Overview by Type, Emerging Growth Factors, Sales Analysis, Future Scope, Leading Manufacturers and Forecast 2024 - August 29, 2019
- Dymax Corporation Recognized by Inc. 5000 Ranked in Top 5,000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the U.S. - August 20, 2019
- Domaille 5300 Polishing Machine Video Released - August 10, 2019
- Polymers Market Industry review and forecasts 2019-2027 - August 10, 2019
- New and emerging cabling standards from the TIA - August 9, 2019