Milpitas, CA, May 1, 2017 – Viavi Solutions (NASDAQ: VIAV)today introduced the 4100-series DWDM OTDR for its T-BERD/MTS-2000, 4000, and 5800 platforms. As DWDM technology continues to penetrate into access networks, technicians require comprehensive, cost-optimized DWDM test tools. With these, techs can deliver reliable deployments during construction and support efficient troubleshooting of faulty links for ongoing maintenance.
Consisting of a single module, Viavi’s C-band OTDR enables wireless, cable, and telco operators to perform complete end-to-end link characterization and troubleshooting through the optical Mux/Demux for newly deployed or active DWDM and hybrid CWDM/DWDM networks.
- Test new DWDM wavelength routes and pinpoint exact fault locations without disrupting traffic on active channels
- Verify end-to-end continuity through ROADM network elements with the integrated C-band tunable laser source mode
- Easy setup and interpretation of results with SmartConfigs and Smart Link Mapper (SLM) OTDR applications
- Comprehensive qualification and troubleshooting solution, for hybrid CWDM/DWDM networks when combined with Viavi’s CWDM OTDR modules
- Portable and lightweight, most compact DWDM OTDR solution available for physical layer fiber certification and troubleshooting
DWDM technology has been well adopted in long-haul transmissions for decades. With the growing need for bandwidth driven by data-hungry applications and business services, DWDM technology has now found its way into access networks. CATV operators delivering DWDM-enabled business services and wireless operators moving to DWDM for CRAN front hauls, require a simple way to validate routes to connect new customers and to troubleshoot faulty links in a timely manner without disrupting existing services.
About Viavi Solutions
Viavi (NASDAQ: VIAV) is a global provider of network test, monitoring and assurance solutions to communications service providers, enterprises and their ecosystems, supported by a worldwide channel community including Viavi Velocity Solution Partners. We deliver end-to-end visibility across physical, virtual and hybrid networks, enabling customers to optimize connectivity, quality of experience and profitability. Viavi is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Where does dust based end face contamination come from? - August 16, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the highest capacity fiber count an OCETS can handle? - August 9, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Why is it important to clean both ends of the connector pair? - August 8, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How residue based contamination cause signal loss between a mated connector pair? - August 2, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. announces the appointment of Larry Donalds as Business Development, Fiber Design and Manufacturing, Technical Sales - July 24, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What happens if there are dust particles on one of the connector end faces during the connector mating process? - July 18, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: OCETS: How do I configure the software to work with the chamber? - July 12, 2017
- Press Release: Fiber Optic Center, Inc. introduces High Refractive Index Coating for Optoelectronics, LEDs, Emissive displays, AL-2264 - July 7, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How dust based contamination cause signal loss between a mated connector pair? - July 2, 2017
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: How does an electrostatic charge get onto a fiber optic ferrule and how does that create contamination issues? - July 1, 2017