New Bedford, MA, USA, February 16, 2017 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces sponsorship of Fiber Month at New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! March of 2017.
Now in its fifth year, Fiber Month has become a bright spot in the snowy New Bedford winter landscape. Begun in 2013 by ArtWorks! and continued following the merger with New Bedford Art Museum, the annual community celebration of fiber artists and their work draws together a month-long mix of exhibits, events and public art, all focused on art made in the many diverse mediums of fiber.
New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! mission is dedicated to engaging a diverse audience in relevant exhibitions, exemplary education and creative experiences as a vital innovative center for the arts.
Events include, but are not limited to, weaving workshops, exhibitions of selected art works, exhibit of artifacts from the Wamsutta Mills, a Southeastern Mass Fiber Roundtable, and downtown gallery night programs by museums, arts organizations, merchants, restaurants and the National Historical Park.
The full list of events can be found at: http://newbedfordart.org/fibers-month/
Neal Weiss, founder of Fiber Optic Center, Inc., was recently honored by NBAM/ArtWorks! with the Patron of the Arts Award (https://focenter.com/press-release-fiber-optic-center-announces-neal-weiss-honored-by-nbamartworks-patron-of-the-arts/)
New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! is located at 608 Pleasant Street, New Bedford, MA 02740
For further information on the non-profit organizations and hours of volunteerism FOC supports, visit FOC Corporate Citizen: http://bit.ly/2dnUxTc
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: email@example.com
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what are the different types of standards for MT/MPO measurements using interferometry? - November 15, 2018
- FOC Tips: Passive component tester configurations - November 13, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how much is enough or the right amount of epoxy in the connector? - November 12, 2018
- FOC Tips: Step two of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - November 9, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what causes the Apex of a radius to be imperfect, to be off-center? - November 8, 2018
- FOC Tips: Insertion Loss (IL) is the loss of power due to adding a jumper. - November 7, 2018
- FOC Tips: MT ferrule geometry measurements - November 5, 2018
- FOC Tips: contamination on the fixture prevents ferrules from protruding equal distance from the base of the fixture - November 2, 2018
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we decide which passive component tester to purchase? - November 1, 2018
- FOC Tips: Fiber Optic Connector Cross Sectioning example from “Connector A” notes - October 30, 2018