New Bedford, MA, USA, February 16, 2017 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, announces sponsorship of Fiber Month at New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! March of 2017.
Now in its fifth year, Fiber Month has become a bright spot in the snowy New Bedford winter landscape. Begun in 2013 by ArtWorks! and continued following the merger with New Bedford Art Museum, the annual community celebration of fiber artists and their work draws together a month-long mix of exhibits, events and public art, all focused on art made in the many diverse mediums of fiber.
New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! mission is dedicated to engaging a diverse audience in relevant exhibitions, exemplary education and creative experiences as a vital innovative center for the arts.
Events include, but are not limited to, weaving workshops, exhibitions of selected art works, exhibit of artifacts from the Wamsutta Mills, a Southeastern Mass Fiber Roundtable, and downtown gallery night programs by museums, arts organizations, merchants, restaurants and the National Historical Park.
The full list of events can be found at: http://newbedfordart.org/fibers-month/
Neal Weiss, founder of Fiber Optic Center, Inc., was recently honored by NBAM/ArtWorks! with the Patron of the Arts Award (https://focenter.com/press-release-fiber-optic-center-announces-neal-weiss-honored-by-nbamartworks-patron-of-the-arts/)
New Bedford Art Museum/ArtWorks! is located at 608 Pleasant Street, New Bedford, MA 02740
For further information on the non-profit organizations and hours of volunteerism FOC supports, visit FOC Corporate Citizen: http://bit.ly/2dnUxTc
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com
- FOC Tips: Use the proper strip template when stripping for connectorization - July 17, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: which epoxy is the best for my application? - July 15, 2019
- Maple Syrup, Hidden Trails and Eerie Sights on the Third-Tallest Mountain in Vermont - July 14, 2019
- FOC Tips: the four major components of the fiber optic patch cord - July 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: when stripping multi-layer cables for connectorization, does each layer need to be stripped individually? - July 10, 2019
- FOC Tips: IL @ 1550 higher than 1310 - July 9, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: Should we check for crystallization? Do we need to adjust our inspection process? - July 8, 2019
- FOC Tips: diameter of the ferrule’s hole bore is larger than the outside diameter of the fiber - July 5, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we establish good cleaning techniques throughout the polishing process? - July 3, 2019
- FOC Tips: Connectors are aligned and contacted optimally - July 2, 2019