New Bedford, MA, USA, July 7, 2017 – Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), an international leading distributor specializing in helping their customers make the best cable assemblies in the world, introduces High Refractive Index Coating for Optoelectronics, LEDs, Emissive displays, AL-2264
FOC introduces a new product, an optical polymer dissolved in an evaporative solvent that can be applied by simple methods, i.e. dip, spin coating, drawdown, printing, etc. Upon drying it creates a hard, durable, polymer coating with a refractive index of 1.64. This polymer contains no metals, and the product contains no nanoparticles. The standard concentration leaves behind an approximately 20u layer coating thickness (using a single dip coating process). Coating thickness is easily reduced by diluting the standard concentration with the compatible solvent. The solvent is easily removed by baking at 100°C for 15 minutes.
Optically clear, high refractive index coatings can be used to improve the performance of light gathering/dispersing devices. Many solid state optical devices, i.e. imaging/optical sensors, emissive displays, LEDs, are made of light emitting semiconductors with significantly higher refractive indices (>2) than air (1.0). Light is partially reflected when it encounters a sudden difference of refractive index. Light transmission at such boundaries is improved with a layer of an intermediate refractive index material, thus improving the optical efficiency of the device – effectively raising the numerical aperture (NA) of the optical system. For semiconductors and air, that desirable refractive index is in the >1.6 range. Additionally in this case, the ‘air’ side of the coating directly contacts the environment and must be protective: hardness and durability are required; chemical resistance is a plus.
For questions on specific applications for AL-2264, Randall Elgin, Technical Manager for Specialty Products at FOC can be reached 508-717-8376 or email@example.com.
Additional resources from the FOC team include:
- FOC technical solution content: http://bit.ly/29WTvgn
- Glossary, Acronyms, Military Specifications for Connectors: http://bit.ly/2a2EFn8
- Q&A Resource: email technical questions to AskFOC@focenter.com
About Fiber Optic Center, Inc.
Fiber Optic Center, Inc., (FOC), is an international leader in distributing fiber optic components, equipment and supplies and has been helping customers make the best cable assemblies in the world for over two decades. Several areas of specialization and expertise, in which they are the industry leader, make them the preferred choice for many of the world’s fiber professionals. In these key technology areas, FOC is “at least as technical as the manufacturer” about the products they sell. Striving to “make the business part easy,” they offer outstanding and personal customer service, low or no minimum purchase order values, and from-stock delivery on industry-leading products and technology. FOC is the industry connection to the most innovative optical products, technologies and technical experts who integrate their manufacturing knowledge and vast experience into customers’ worldwide operations. @FiberOpticCntr
For further information contact: Fiber Optic Center, Inc., 23 Centre Street, New Bedford, MA 02740-6322
Toll Free in US: 800-IS-FIBER or 800-473-4237 . Direct 508-992-6464 . Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For media contact: Kathleen Skelton, Director of Strategic Marketing, C: 617-803-3014 . E: email@example.com
- FOC Tips: Return Loss (RL) is a measure of power reflected - February 14, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What is the recommended minimum bond line thickness? - February 13, 2019
- FOC Tips: developing a polishing process, evaluate visual defects - February 12, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: how do we get information about allergic issues on some of the specific epoxy products you sell? - February 11, 2019
- FOC Tips: Minus Coplanarity, the distance between the lowest fiber and the “best-fit plane” through the array of fibers - February 7, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: what if you continually have problems with epoxy mixing? - February 6, 2019
- FOC Tips: passive component testers and wavelength - February 5, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: can objects contact the bottom or sidewalls of the ultrasonic bath when cleaning polishing fixtures? - February 4, 2019
- FOC Tips: Step four of single-fiber PC ferrules, developing a polishing process - February 1, 2019
- Fiber Optic Center AskFOC: What’s the easiest way to load a syringe with a mixed package of epoxy? - January 31, 2019