Effective date: June 2019
Who we are
This website is owned and operated by Fiber Optic Center,™ Inc.
Fiber Optic Center is a distributor of fiber optic components, equipment and supplies
General Principles for the Processing of Personal Data
The principles of Fiber Optic Center with respect to the processing of Personal Data are as follows:
- Personal Data will be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently
- Personal Data will be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- Personal Data will be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed
- Personal Data will be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay
- Personal Data will be kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- Personal Data will be processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data
Collection of Information
Fiber Optic Center may collect Personal Data about you from a variety of sources, including, directly from you, from other Users, from resellers and distributors, from our vendors, and through the operation of the Website.
When you provide us with information such as names, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc., we will only use them to respond to your inquiries (e.g. provided via the website’s contact form) and manage user established online accounts, based on our legitimate interest in keeping and improving our relationship with you or for specific Fiber Optic Center marketing activities, events, or services upon consent from your part when required.
“Personal Data” collected by Fiber Optic Center includes:
- your first and last name
- billing or shipping address
- credit card or payment information
- email address
- phone number
- purchase information and history
- your account number
- For employment purposes, your resume or professional information
- Sensitive Information (Special Categories of Data) Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal data (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through this Website or otherwise to us.
Using cookies provides benefits to you, such as allowing you to maintain your account login information, or contact information between visits. In addition, we use Personal Information gathered from cookies to autofill fields on forms such as the city, state or zip code associated with your IP address. This Personal Information can be corrected by you before submitting any form or inquiry or you can disable the cookie as discussed below and this Personal Information will not be collected.
We use technologies in our emails to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns by identifying the individuals who open or act upon an email message, when an email message is opened, how many times an email message is forwarded, the type of software, device, operating system and browser used to deliver the email and any URL accessed through our email message.
To measure site activity, provide a better user experience, and tailor our marketing communications, we may compile Personal Information from technologies on our websites. In particular, we use Google Analytics to track statistics about the use of our websites, including information about which browser you use, which pages you often visit and how long you view our websites. More information about Google Analytics is available here.
How we share information
Fiber Optic Center does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We share your information with others in certain limited circumstances. For example, to the extent needed, we share your information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Processing and fulfilling orders
- Shipping orders
- Sending postal mail or email communications
- Providing marketing or promotional materials
- Hosting or administering our website
- Conducting research and analysis
Fiber Optic Center may share Personal Data about you with the third party vendors that make Offerings available through us. For example, we may share your Personal Data with a third party vendor if you plan to purchase or purchase an Offering through us.
Your choices regarding information we gather
Fiber Optic Center collects, uses, and discloses your personal information consistent with this policy.
To opt-out of receiving promotional materials from Fiber Optic Center, please:
- Email us with your request at email@example.com
- Call us at 508-992-6464
Please allow sufficient time for your preferences to be processed. Please be aware that, even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you for transactional purposes, such as order status, shipment, or refunds.
You may disallow receiving cookies at any time through your web browser; however, you will not be able to make a purchase or use all the features of this website if you disable the cookie feature.