Last Updated: November 16, 2021
Part of the Fiber Optic Center training series - this video shows a simple overview of how to dispense epoxy into fiber optic connectors: manual and pneumatic.
Manual Injection of Connector
- remove the string cap stopper, place tip on the syringe
- insert plunger and manually inject epoxy into each connector
Pneumatic Injection of Connector
- push and connect the interface of the pressure tube on the syringe - lock with a twist
- place the syringe in the holder until your connectors ready to terminate
- each press on the foot pedal will dispense a shot of epoxy, based on the time and pressure settings.
- press the foot pedal to purge any large air bubbles from the syringe tip
- watch the video for more details